Echography and ultrasound of preg uterous

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by newlife2010, Feb 7, 2010.

1. newlife2010

newlife2010 New IL'ite

Hi.when I went for my 12 week sonogram for nt test they tried to get the measurement but since they could not get the measurement due to baby's position,they asked my come back after 3 days and did nt test.they charged me for both day ultrasound meant for nt test,despite that they asked me to pay for my due for echography after insurance process claims for 2 ultrasounds and one echography.they mentioned the date of echography is the date when they couldn't get the measurement .I don't understand what is the difference between this two echo....and ultra.... Specially when they didn't do two different tests .I am not even satisfies by their answers.what is you suggestions?thanks

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Ideally speaking, they shouldnt be charging for both the days. But then maybe it is hospital rules.. You could check with your insurance as to what needs to be done in such times. Also, if there is any form you have signed before the ultrasound which says, hospital expects you to pay if there are two scans, then maybe you cant help but pay..

Sad I know..

3. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

I agree with Preeti..they shouldnt charge for 2 ultrasounds. You had to go for the second u/s because ur baby didnt cooperate which happens sometimes. So talk to ur insurance regarding the reason for the second u/s and maybe they can help you.
    -Priya
    [​IMG]