1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

ear piercing ceremony- best earring to choose for baby boy

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bay Area' started by buddingcook, May 15, 2013.

1. buddingcook

buddingcook New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    We have ear piercing ceremony for our baby boy two months from now and he is going to be 11 months old then.
    Any suggestion on what kind of earring be best ? Some say kambi (like very thin gold stick) which you can insert it and twist it at the back is good and some say like a stud with a very thin stick is best..I am so confused..
    Experienced ladies please help.

Thanks

2. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Where are you getting this done? Here in the US, there is only gun shot ear piercing and we dont have the choice of using kambi and all...gunshot creates a smaller hole and I felt it was best for a boy. If I had a gal, I would have wanted the Indian way so that her hole will be big enuf to handle indian studs.

3. buddingcook

buddingcook New IL'ite

In chennai, India , more traditional way. If it is kambi then i am afraid that he might pull them and get hurt. But unfortunately mu in laws wanted that. I thought may be in chennai they have that stud for babies which has very thin stick. Wanted to make sure if there is one before telling them my opinion.

4. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Im sure they have the gun shot thing in chennai also...GRT has the earring you are talking about or u can get them from the US, if u like. In both places, u wont be able to find 22 carat gold earring for the gunshot. It is a use n throw thing for sanitary purposes.

5. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

I got my son's ears pierced during his 1st birthday as is the tradition in my in-laws place. My parents got a traditional stud and he wore it for 4 years without any issues. We had a guy from GRT come and do it the traditional way, but it was quick and the holes were perfect without any infection etc. I am glad my parents got the traditional stud because all of my friends who had the kambi which could be twisted ended up with kids having ear infections because they tried pulling it out. Even the kaadhu kuthal itself was good. He put a small numbing solution on the ear lobes and then quickly pierced. My son cried only because he was sitting on a strangers lap. The minute it was over and I took him he was very happy.

6. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

hi budding,

We too did the ear piercing in the US. We took a appt with the paediatrician. she did it in a gunshot and they themselves had put in a ear ring. We left it as such for a week or so and then my parents got some earring a small one like we wear for the side ears, of that size) we replaced it and then after 2 months removed it.

For little boys , i dont think we need to keep long as the hole might turn big

7. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

In chennai, its available in all jewellery shops. Ask them to go for the baby departments in jewellery show rooms and they do have a lot designs.

ia , more traditional way. If it is kambi then i am afraid that he might pull them and get hurt. But unfortunately mu in laws wanted that. I thought may be in chennai they have that stud for babies which has very thin stick. Wanted to make sure if there is one before telling them my opinion.[/QUOTE]

8. buddingcook

buddingcook New IL'ite

Thank you All..I think i am going to go with stud option as most of you mentioned. Looks like it is much more safer