1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dyslexia in Kids

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by padmavathi m, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi padma,

Dont lose heart. Things will definitely be fine. you know what...tamilla solluvanga..thanilla kidakkum naaku...narabilla naaku eppadivenallum pesum..so dont give heed to all that people talk..(I know it is easier said..). I think you will get your solution at sankalp. believe me..things will be fine for your daughter.

I will definitely pray for her. always boost her moral dont let others comments hurt her more...

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi padma,

Curious/anxious about the outcome of your meeting. think you are busy with navarathri...

3. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanti,

Sorry shanthi for not keeping you updated. first thing yes too busy with navarathri. I had met the director Mrs.Lakshmi of Sankalp she has told me to come with my husband on 22nd i e on monday. She said i have already delayed in giving remedials to Krithikaa. Now she told me that she will take krithi into her school as a special case because if it is remedial classes it will be only 2 or 3 days in a week and thats not sufficient for krithi. But my husband is reluctant to send krithi to that school. Iam very keen on sending krithi to that school. She has become the top most priority for me now from perambur to annanagar she has to travel school timings 9 am to 4.15pm . Her music classes at 5.30 I am totally confused one daughter has to go to the school in kellys. Pl help me out.

Love and Regards,
    Padma

4. padmavathi m

Hi Ramya,
    Thank You so much for giving me the details of jawahar vidyalaya. I felt it would be too much travelling for krithi my daughter from perambur to kk nagar. Anyhow I have just approached Sankalp let me just wait till 22nd Oct and let you know.

Love
    Padma

Hi Anitha,

I have just gone to Sankalp. I ll just keep you posted abt her admission into the new school. Initially I thought of sending krithi to Bangalore to my parents since Blore has lots of avenues for LD kids. She is a very very very very sensitive child so I just changed the plans sending her away from me will lead to some other issues so i thought i ll keep her with me and just do the best for her.

Love
    Padma

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Padma,

I have been thinking of trying to reply to this post for the past two days..somehow it slips.. just logged in thinking i have to reply here.

i think krithi will be lucky.you start the treatment and get her back fast on the regular track. Why dont you shift to anna nagar (an idea, i dont know how you are placed...you could get your other daughter also admitted in anna nagar schools.) that way you have more time for concentrating on both of them. and also you have lot of activities in anna nagar...

My opinion is already she is 11(right)..if you give her the treatment, and she really responds and comes back into mainstream in 1 year (btw how long did mrs.lakshmi say) ......(do you mean that other days she will be at home or in regular school am i asking too many question?? what to do...for me all kids are alike...i feel motherly for all children..it some times lands me problems.... ... Convince your husband, (oorla, sondkaranga all will pass comment...but you have to take a decision for your daughter. you are responsible for her not for the relatives/society, the same people will tell you appave parthirundal.....arre forget them...go forward...) Take the right decision....all the best for 22nd....

love to both the kids....encourage krithika to sing..

6. padmavathi m

hello shanti,

finally my husband has agreed to send Krithikaa to Sankalp, but now the principal of the school is telling that she would not give the TC as Krithi was taken into the school without a TC ffrom Bains school. Sankalp is insisting on TC. I really dont know shanti what to do. Everytime I struggle I get soothing voices from people like you. Krithi is now at home for the past two days, she is not willing to go to school due to the punishments given to her for not writing. Just puzzled:mad:

Bye
    Love
    Padma

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi padma,

The first achievement, is making your husband to accept to send krithikaa to sankalp...(because till now your DH was not prepared to accept the situation..) So TC will not be a problem. Dont worry, it will sort out. Just go to Bains again and request them. And also talk to Sankalp, if there is an alternative way to go about the same....let us see if somebody knows an alternative...in this forum also....

Just allow her to relax...read, paint, sing the things she loves...once she starts sankalp she will be ok....

All the best....all prayers are with krithikaa...things will definitely sort out.....

8. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Padma,

Before I proceed to say something about dyslexia, would like to ask how Krithi is doing now. Is she going to sankalp? Is there any improvements in her?

It is nothing but slow learning. Her improvement totally depends on the persons who are handling her; love and patience are the most important charecteristics.

Have you watched the latest hindi movie ' taare zameen par'....

Wishing Krithi all the best.....

Love,
    Oviya.

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

10. padmavathi m

dear oviya,

krithi can learn music so well. and has come to keerthanais................ i have never felt that she is a slow learner..........
    only when it comes to learning subjects, she is a slow writer. actually her problem is dysgraphia.................... now after 6 to 8 years of struggle............i can understand what is dyslexia.....................she is comfortable in her school too. as shanti has told you can view the other threads related to dyslexia and special needs children

thank you so much for the concern............

bye
    love
    padma