1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Dunwoody apartments-Ashford,Windsor,Gables

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by sorna, May 20, 2010.

1. sorna

sorna Senior IL'ite

We are moving to Atlanta next month,And i am looking for apartments in Dunwoody area.Anybody living in the above apartments,give me the details abt the apartments,pros and cons.Thanks in Advance.If u have suggestions for anyother apartments,please give me that also.

1 person likes this.

2. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Hello Sorna, we have lived in Dunwoody Gables before. It is a very good community, well-maintained. We had to move only coz our lease expired and they were increasing the rent for the new term. The complex is located just inside the perimeter and Marta bus stop is just outside. Also very close to Indian grocery,shopping malls,walmart,kroger,etc. Hope that helps. Regards.

3. sorna

sorna Senior IL'ite

Thanks Shruti.I guess u r talking abt gables Metropolitan,right?I saw their website and it is looking good.Isn't that normal to raise the rent every year a little? Is it a costly apartment?
    So do u still in Dunwoody?

4. shrutidunwoody

Hello Sorna..no, I was refering to Dunwoody Gables. there are 2 gables communities in Dunwoody, one is Gables Metropolitan and the other one is Dunwoody Gables. Both are actually not far from each other (you can check both communities on their homesite, www.gables.com. DG is a bit cheaper, as it is an older community than GM. Yes, we are still in Dunwoody, less than a mile from DG. Regards.

5. sorna

sorna Senior IL'ite

Thanks Shruti.

6. sorna

sorna Senior IL'ite

Shruti ,which MARTA station is nearby Dunwoody Gables? Is that a walkable distance?

7. shrutidunwoody

Hello Sorna,
    The apartment is equidistant from both Chamblee and Dunwoody Marta stations. But it is not walkable, you will need to take the Marta bus to reach the station. The bus stop is just outside the complex. If you are looking for a complex that is walkable to the Marta station, then you may try Battery at Chamblee Station (www.batterychambleestation.com) which is walkable from Chamblee station or Dunwoody Courtyards apartments which is walkable from North Springs Marta station. Regards.

8. sorna

sorna Senior IL'ite

thanks Shruti, u gave me a lot of useful infos.

Have a Good day

9. paddubala

paddubala Silver IL'ite

Hello Sorna,
    welcome to Atlanta..I can give you good info on all apts nearby dunwoody station and sandy springs station as we have been hunting extensively last 2 mos...our budget was $1000 for 2bed 2bath..dunwoody area itself is bit expensive in terms of rent...else for atlanta standards $1000 is too high a rent to give....

reg schools,my son is a preschooler..But i've heard vanderlyn and austin are one of the best schools in atlanta...i think they come under dekalb county...check on it with the leasing office...

and couple of apts give reduced rate...but beware of lease breakage terms...

Dunwoody courtyards - high risk of break-ins..so pls avoid...

All below ones have plenty of Indians as that was one of our major criterion. Iam writing below in order of my search..

Dunwoody place :
    Dunwoody Place in Atlanta, GA - Atlanta, Georgia Apartment Rentals | Lane Company
    Very nice one..you can walk to dunwoody train station from the apt as they have a small passage walk...they have large 2BRs and we wud have taken it if they had one available for our timeframe...

Dunwoody station apartments:
    Wesley Apartment Homes - Apartments, Rentals, Douglasville, Lawrenceville, Norcross, Duluth, Atlanta, Newnan, Locust Grove, Lithonia, Lithia Springs

next to dunwoody place...Indians galore...go for apt nos 800 and above as they are the newly built...the old ones come at cheaper rent and headache too...this is also walkable to dunwoody train station...sometimes the 3BR comes cheaper than 2BR...so keep checking the website for availability...

Windsor apartments:
    Availability - Windsor at Mount Vernon

we are staying here...they charge exorbitantly as they are right next to Sandy springs station...floor plan is really good and a decent apt...but very high handed mgmt..think as if they are showing some premium apt...keep checking the website as they decrease the rent if the apt is not going for long time...their 1 1.5 plan too is sufficient if you have one kid...for eg, our apt was going at 1200$ for sometime and suddenly dropped to 950 and we signed it (we had already signed lease in ashford park but took this as it was next to station)

gables metropolitan
    Gables, Gables.com - Atlanta GA Apartments for Rent, Atlanta Luxury Apartments

my friend lives here and we just love it...unfortunately we din have anything available and it was too expensive that time ...train station is around 20 mins walk...or else you can catch a bus and go...

ashford park:
    Ashford Park Apartment Homes - Home

we had earlier finalised on this place..nice one but go for upgraded one with new appliances...atleast new appliances...the old one look bad..and check for your apt location too..for some apts, it is like walking on a hotel corridor :)

Post crossing:
    Luxury Multifamily Communities - Post Apartment Homes - Apartment Search - Find a Post Community

I've heard some good reviews abt this place..we discarded as it was not within walking distance to train station..you may be able to catch bus and go to station..

Jefferson at perimeter:
    Jefferson at Perimeter

another nice indian community..but station not at walkable one...catch bus...

the above were top in our list...others include

pointe at perimeter :
    walkable to sandy springs station...and rent is pretty cheap too...but we did not like the floor plan....

century at perimeter park:
    Century Perimeter Park Apartment Homes

walkable to sandy springs station...but hardly any Indians there...

Savannah at perimeter place:
    Savannah at Park Place Apartments - 31 Perimeter Center East - Atlanta - EquityApartments.com

next to gables metropolitan...nice one...(we did not chose because we felt there was no privacy)

Alexander at perimeter:
    Alexander at the Perimeter - Atlanta, GA

near savannah at perimter place...excellent one with new appliances and granite countertops...pretty expensive but they offer good deals from time to time...one of my friend managed to get at 930/month with one month free and 500 move in check...

Ashford:
    Welcome toThe Ashford | The Ashford - Apartments in Atlanta

we dint check out but heard indians are there...

whew...thatz abt it...In general you get very good deals in dec-jan timeframe in above apts..else they simply charge very high rent unless they have plenty available...so good luck to you :thumbsup

10. paddubala

paddubala Silver IL'ite

Hi Sruthi,
    so you are in the chamblee side I guess..howz ur health?