Due date fluctuate....

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Amicable, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi friends...

I am due on August 25th. Yesterday went for my level-2 ultrasound. Thank god the baby is developing good but the doctor said I might have week or two week early delivery due date. The ultrasound due date is based on the size, weight, and development of the baby. They have called me for the next appointment in may for another level-2 ultrasound so they can give me my new due date. I am little confused now. Should I consider myself 19 or 20 weeks now or still 18 week? I have heard its normal to have baby week or two week early, but if my due date get change it means even then there is possibility of having a baby week or two week more early that coule be then july end or so. Reason I am asking because my mother is coming to help me but I would like to come here near my due date not too early. So, don't know which date she should make a plan to come now.

Thanks and sorry if my post is little confusing.

2. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

You have to calculate your weeks from your LMP and it doesn't change just 'coz you may have your baby earlier. Most often ob gives a range from 2 weeks before up to 2 weeks after your EDD - so the best way will be to bring your mom 2 weeks prior to your EDD that way even if you don't deliver earlier you can still use her support and help during the last couple of weeks. Its jus my My 2cents.

-L.

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Lavanya is right. A "normal" term baby is anything from 38 to 42 weeks of pregnancy. So it would be best to get your mom atleast 2 weeks before due date to be on the safe side. Many first-time moms do go beyond due date though.

Vanathi.