1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DS has lotsaa hair, how to dry quickly after a hair wash?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Vishalini3, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

I may be a minority here. I have used my hairdryer (on cool setting) for both my kids - we live in a cold place, and I have given them both head baths every day in the evening/night with no issues.

In my opinion hairdryer should be okay. The white flakes you are talking about is cradle cap. Not sure how hair dryer can make cradle cap worse.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Cold does not happen because of wet hair, cold is caused by around 100 different kinds of virus. Wet hair can be very discomfitting for the child though. Children may cough or sneeze a little after bath because some tiny droplets of water has entered their nose.
    Hair dryer on a low setting is what I did till DS started getting startled at every noise. If you do not want to use a hair dryer for whatever reason run your hand through the child's hair in soft strokes, lift it up a bit and blow right into the roots. I did this after I took his bandana of pre-folds off to get rid of dampness. I did wash DS's hair every day - we never saw him catch cold from a bath. :idea

3. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Krithika dear, its really calming me down, to read that dampness cannot cause cold but discomfort. I did try blowing up in the roots, he immedietly wriggles and makes ssssssssssss sound.. thought he doesnt like it... But religiously checking and drying up his hair after every feed, is hurting my back.
    Sindhu, am going to try hair dryer. So far never had cradle caps... but heard from friends that hair dryer can excessively dry the roots and cause white flakes and irritation. Will let you know.