1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dry skin remedy

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by mrmobee, Jan 12, 2008.

1. poonamjoshi9266

poonamjoshi9266 New IL'ite

Hi,

Drink plenty of water.

Eat fresh fruits & vegetables

Avoid junk food

and

sleep well

2. rsindhuja

rsindhuja Bronze IL'ite

Nice Responses. Thanks a lot

3. Chaitra

Chaitra New IL'ite

Dry skin

hi everyone,

i have dark skin & my skin is so dry also that my neck is so dark than my face so please adivse can i use honey for dry skin because my friend told that honey makes skin much more drier.

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Have a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. raosusheela

raosusheela New IL'ite

Re: Dry skin

Hi

For dry skin try using some good moisturiser and for darkness around the neck try using besan powder and turmeric u can see the difference.

5. priavindh

priavindh Senior IL'ite

thanks a lot..i have darkness around my neck will try this!

6. anne123

anne123 New IL'ite

TIPS FOR CARING DRY SKIN:
    =========================
    Signs of extreme drying include itchy, flaking skin that is rough to the touch, and uneven in appearance. This is skin that needs to be seriously cared for. Some tips to getting the best results out of your moisturizing skincare routine include:

* Apply moisturizer after bathing, while skin is still damp in order to slow down the rate at which the surface dries.

* Use heaviest products at night for maximum restorative care, while avoiding a greasy appearance during the day.

* Incorporate a sunscreen into your daily skincare, but continue taking care to avoid direct sun exposure, especially during peak hours (10am to 4pm).

* Avoid extreme temperatures and conditions indoors and out, as these cause stress on your dried skin.

* Bundle up, cover up, or otherwise protect yourself from sun and wind outdoors, taking extra special care in drying summer and winter weather.

* Bathe using cool to moderate temperature water only.

* Add moisture to your indoor environment with humidifiers, plants or even a soothing tabletop fountain.

Soap dries skin, so products must be chosen carefully to avoid any unwanted materials that will cause additional irritation. A milder cleanser used in combination with additional moisturizing creams will help ease your skin's cares and keep you looking and feeling your best.

7. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

Use the Artistry range from Amway-Alpha hydroxy plus / skin refinishing lotion both have excellent results!

8. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

Remedies for dry skin

Here you will find some remedies for dry skin. Dry skin needs to be gently cleansed and regularly stimulated with massage. Dry skin occurs due to lack of moisture. It can also be due to poor diet. Fresh fruit face pack can be used on dry skin. Splash cold water onto your face to clean and refresh your skin twice or thrice in a day.

• Aloe vera gel has been shown to heal the skin very quickly with dramatic results. Aloe vera gel is good for dry skin which acts as a good moisturizer. It also helps to remove dead skin cells.
    • Massage your face regularly with almond oil or rose water for twice a week .
    • Before taking bath apply olive oil all over your body and leave it for half an hour. Almond oil can be used alternatively.
    • Take fresh fruits regularly.
    • Drink plenty of water.
    • Whole moong dal flour is good for dry skin. Mix the whole moong dal powder with curd and apply it to face and leave it for 10 to 15minutes. It leaves your skin soft and supple.
    • Before going to bed apply few drops of rose water all over your face.
    • Mix powdered milk mixed with water or rose water and apply on dry hand, leave it for 15 minutes which nourish and smoothen your skin. This can also be applied all over your body.
    • Apply oat meal mixed with fresh curd with little water to your face and leave on for 15 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water with gentle scrub.
    • Mix grounded whole green moong dal powder with egg white and with few drops of lemon juice. Scrub with this mixture gently and wash your face.
    • Avoid hot water bath.:thumbsup

9. deepavelu

deepavelu New IL'ite

Re: Remedies for dry skin

hi yamini
    That was a great tips :thumbsupfor dry skin , my skin was oily in india after coming here it become dry and blemishes too. i will try to tips will tell u the result soon . and i have a doubt applying olive oil wen i used olive oil my face became darker and it made my face dull. so is it good to use olive oil ?

thanks
    deepa

10. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

Re: Remedies for dry skin

yes dear olive oil makes the skin little darker you can try it out only at night times and wash it of while bathing it makes skin smoother if you are not satisfied with olive oil better use almond oil!!!:thumbsup