1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Driving License in VA

Discussion in 'Indians in Virginia' started by burningsoul, Sep 14, 2011.

1. burningsoul

burningsoul New IL'ite

Hi Ladies
    I am on L2 Visa without EAD.
    I dont have SSN ,but I have ITIN
    I dont have any address proof in VA (like rental lease,utility bill).everything is on my husband's name.he has License .

How can I get a driving license without these documents..In the DMV manual ,they have mentioned about the required documents.

Only legal documents I have 1) Passport
    2) I-94
    3) Husband's I-797,and I -129
    Please help

2. Sreyavas

Sreyavas Bronze IL'ite

ur hubby needs to help u out here . he should add ur name @ apartment office or open a account on ur name in bank using ur passport ..., bill comes on both ur names..,

sreya

3. mridhubhashini

mridhubhashini New IL'ite

I had the same problem, but I got my DL.
    1) You need your passport+visa, marriage certificate( if in english) and rest your husbands documents.
    2) You will need address proof. I am sure you have medical insurance in your name. look for any letters from them.
    Also you go to the DMV and enquire there. Each case is unique so they will take it case by case. It may take 1-2 extra visits. The first time you apply they will take your case Fwd it it richmond office to get approval. Once they get the approval you will receive the intimation thru mail. And you will have to go to the DMV fill the form again, show them the letter, and take you test. If it is not approved they you can ask them and they will guide you.