Dr says Blood clot issue one probable for Recurrent miscarriage

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sneha2000, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Sneha2000

Sneha2000 New IL'ite

Thought this information might help people who are clueless on recurrent miscarriages.
    Dr says one probable cause might be blood clot and they say that it can even happen after 1 successful pregnancy.
    And Sometimes Dr suggest these tests only after 2 or 3 miscarriages..Sad part of it.

The below websites tells the tests need to be done

Thrombophilia: Another Factor to Consider in Cases of Recurrent Pregnancy Loss

God Save us ladies from undergoing these losses:drowning

2. Sneha2000

Sneha2000 New IL'ite

Just wanted to know if anyone was identified with this blood clot problem and any advices,inferences on same???!!!

3. chitii

chitii Bronze IL'ite

thanks for sharing

4. pursuehappiness

pursuehappiness Senior IL'ite

Sneha,

Yes blood clotting factor could be the reason behind miscarriages and tests are done to identify if there are these factors.

Usually after recurrent miscarriage, the Anti Cardiolipin antibody test and also Anti lupus antibody tests are done usually after 6 weeks of the miscarriage as they are present in the body around that time.

I had a miscarriage and doctor asked us to do these tests. In fact we ourselves can suggest the doctors to do these tests after a loss, if they don't recommend, as the protocol is to do these after recurrent miscarriages. But its better to be safe than sorry.
    Also, these antibodies should be seen 2 times to establish their presence, so a person is diagnosed only if at 2 different occasions these antibodies were seen in the blood.So usually test is done once after 6 weeks and then later at 3 months and then only its established if its found positive on both occasions.

The important part though ,is that the management is quite easy with a once a day baby aspirin tablet through pregnancy and a heparin injection(blood thinner) once a day during pregnancy (am not sure about the duration).

Some doctors even suggest the thrombophilia tests but its usually negative if none of the parents suffer from it.

God Bless

5. maheswaris

maheswaris New IL'ite

I have also been identified with this issue. I m ttc for 4 yrs and had 2 recurrent miscarriages after which doc suggested blood test. My PTT ( partial thromboplastin time) is higher about 70 seconds. Any body have idea on this? I heard that if PTT is low then blood thinners like aspirin would help but mine is very high, did not get much info from net