Dr.berg Censored

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Thoughtful, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

US media is so heavily censored that the people can hardly learn the truth anymore. So much for free speech and democracy.

The latest victim is Dr Berg, who ran the youtube channel with a wealth of information and positively influenced millions of people. visit www.drberg.com for more information

upload_2023-12-4_19-5-2.png

Similar Threads
    1. SharanyaD
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. priyauc
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Most people would have run into Dr.Berg's content may it be on intermittent fasting, preventative care, covid related or other symptoms. His videos gives regular dose of inspiration for better health. If anyone is interested, here is his latest on prediabetic vs diabetic

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The comment touches on various intricate issues, including media challenges, government and big tech censorship, truth in medicine and science, limitations on free speech, and the guarantees of democracy. Each of these topics deserves a detailed discussion in its own regard.

I am going to take the liberty to narrow down the above "latest victim" label to a more debatable question, taking some help from the thread title: Was the censorship imposed on Dr. Berg fair or right?

My take - I didn't know about this guy before reading this thread. I spent 20 minutes watching the below video at 1.25 speed and 20 minutes reading the disciplinary action link. Those two are enough proof for me that the censorship imposed on his channel was very much warranted.

Disciplinary Action against Eric Berg, D.C. | Quackwatch

That was yesterday. Then today, some Google algorithm served up to me a tik-tok where his son disowns him, and another that informed about Dr. Berg's scientology beliefs. Further evidence albeit not as strong as the above fact-check YouTube video.

Like one comment said under the above video, if Eric Berg took the Dr out of his channel name and focused on healthy eating/drinking habits he'd probably invite less censorship. But then, he'd also not get the millions he makes off his YouTube channel (around $300,000 per month which is around $ 4 million per year).

So, I spent about 40 minutes on the video and link and about 10 minutes on this post. I hope any responses will be after watching that video and understanding how Eric Berg misunderstood, misread or misquoted scientific publications. That kind of misinformation about cholesterol levels and their importance is very harmful to lay persons.

4. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Looks like your fact checker doctor was in as much hurry as you to prove doctor berg wrong that he did not digest what Dr berg said before rebutting. Not worth the time watching the entire thing.

Your point in censorship is also wrong but I wouldn't want your voice censored because I disagree.

5. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

upload_2023-12-6_5-23-56.png upload_2023-12-6_5-23-56.png A sample on censorship:

6. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Adding to the above: instead of saying I don't like what you are saying and you need to be censored, why not let people speak more and let them say their side: