1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Abdul Kalam

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Cheeniya, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The property left behind by former President of India, Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam was as below:

6 pants(2 DRDO uniforms)
    4 shirts(2 DRDO uniforms)
    3 suits (1 western, 2 Indian)
    2500 books
    1 flat (which he had donated)
    1 Padmashri
    1 Padmabhushan
    1 Bharat Ratna
    16 doctorates
    1 website
    1 twitter account
    1 email id

He didn't have any TV, AC, car, jewellery, shares, land or bank balance.

He had even donated the last 8 years' pension towards the development of his village.

He was a real patriot and true Indian.

India will forever be grateful to you, Sir!

Make sure all your friends and dear ones read this without fail.

SCA, Artishukla, shyamala1234 and 9 others like this.

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

WoW! this needs to be shared...

3. SR005

SR005 Bronze IL'ite

Salutations to the great human with utmost ethics in word, conduct and deed. A blessing to all that we too lived during his lifetime.

messedup likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Anna for sharing

5. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Ofcource he is one of the best man In the world,he gave lot to his nation,
    But what this nation gave him back??
    Did he got the proper respect what he has to get??
    Bcoz this year January I visited his native place and his musium which is located in rameswaram,
    His house is turned into memorium where we didn't find much anything about him rather than some of his photos with his family and some books ,his medals,in one floor, nothing more there and no one is ready to explain about anything there, ofcource there are some volunteer there which are very busy with there ph ph doing/promoting there business which is in 3rd floor of the house,
    How the government allowed them to put a stall there that to not at all related to Abdul Kalam,some hair bands,stones,household items,dolls,and many more,
    And the village is too small,
    And coming to stadium/memorium it's very big to see from outside,once we enter inside we don't find anything else other than some of his wax statues and some wax statues which explains what's happened in his last few minutes before his death,
    It's good to see,and once we enter in to another room there is some paper cuts from news paper and his dress ,laptop,and some other things which he had at that time, nothing more there,and a satellite , there is nothing left for his memories,and government never tried to build something on his memory,what a great man he is and how much hard work he did to develop this country, government can do something behalf of his memory, atleast that place can be used to some scientific research on his memory,by seeing all those there I felt very bad that our country is not worth for him,
    Wish on his memory government will do something ..

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,
    As toujours, you remind us of what matters. This list, though read before, inspires me to ponder about what really matters in the end.

As a fellow Trivandrumite,
    Kalam worked and lived in Tvm for many years, Kalam is a household figure for us. Even when he was here, his utter simplicity in attire, abode,manner and company were awesome.

Words like karmayogi, rajarishi , yugapurush- all these acquire meaning when attributed to Kalam. I do wish they would add an additional teachers day, on his birthday.
    He brought dignity and honour to the position of Rashtrapati. My only grief- Pratibha sat in the same chair once graced by Kalam.

Of late, I have been practicing Scandinavian death cleaning. I see that Kalam never had a conscious need to clean up after himself. A life neat and square. Rest in peace,Sir

shyamala1234 and iyerviji like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

"Not read only- but to quickly disseminate to others.
    2. There could be another one in the making though not immediately.
    3. Albert Einstein said about Mahathm
    "Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever in flesh and blood walked upon this earth." I wish to say same thing of Kalam Sahib.
    4. Think of Kalam Sahib, I think of my alma matter - MIT. HE LATER FIRED successfully ROCKETS INTO SPACE made India proud while i studied a decade and a half later FIRING ORDER of combustion engines.
    Thanks for the share and regards.
    God another form is FIRE.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    shyamala1234 likes this.