1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dowry: Varalotti Holds the World Record! Anybody Wants To Challenge That?

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Feb 9, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear, dear Kamla,

You escaped at the eleventh hour. For I had set the target time as tonight and if you had not come, I would have bombarded you with pms and mails. You just walked in at the last minute and saved yourself. ha ha ha.

I know Kamla that you reserve my writings to be read when you are both physically and psychologically free. Unless you read with all your heart you can't post a fb like this.

I have sung praises about all the people who have enriched my life. And when Sudha's husband, my eldest bil called from Frankfurt, I suddenly remembered, oh yes, I still have three unsung heroes, their heroines and kids. And dedicated this post to them. I can swear on oath that whatever I wrote about them is one hundred and twenty percent true.

My aim was to reach their hearts and record my gratitude for posterity. Even if I had not done this those three sould would have ensured that my next twenty five years are more beautiful than the earlier twentyfive.

Now that you have read this post, Madam, you have another great (if not onerous) responsibility. Of reading the much delayed LA 12. It is going to be an extra long post (as I have been saying size XXL - my real shirt size) so start planning for your time, my dear friend.

love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Mythili,
    Thanks for those great words. I am sure that my wife would have read it.

And as usual you are right about my paying dowry to Indhu's people. Well, if they had insisted on that I would have borrowed and paid. (For at that time I did not have much money) Or as they say in Tamil I would have pledged my head ("But sridhar that wont fetch any money" - Indhu) and paid the dowry demanded by them.

And thanks for your blessings.
    While on this I seek Mama's blessings too.

love,
    sridhar

3. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Sriuncle (Hope I can call so... :) ),

Very nice post... nice to read with smile in face throughout....
    ( BTW...Actually how much dowry(REAL) u got during marriage..and comeone be frank, did u post this b4 Silver Jubilee or after that. Yenaku yennumo this seems to be pilayar suli to get more madhiri theriyudhay......... ;-). Now we got to know the success ofur married life.

Well we need to ask Mrs.Sridhar -> ippadidhan adikadi ice vachu samlikareengala nu :)

Well Just Kidding....

Regards
    SK

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  4. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar

Belated 25th anniversary wishes to you and Indhu...! That was a touching response to your BIL. They sure are exteremely lucky to have you in their lives...!

-Gayathri.

5. varalotti

Hi subshk,
    (Your ID is really a mouthful; can I call you shuba?) You may call me sri uncle or by any other name.
    Now I have a homework for you. Just read through all the posts in this thread. And find out the post where I have talked about my actual dowry. I mean dowry as it is popularly understood. And let me know. If you find that out you will have a special V'day gift.

I posted this after silver jubilee because only when they wished me on that occasion did I think in that angle.

you hit the nail on its head which Mrs. Sridhar (Indhu) will confirm.

love,
    sriuncle

6. varalotti

Dear Gayathri,
    thanks a lot for your kind wishes. And thanks for the kind words too.
    Nice to see you after a long time in these forums.
    love,
    sridhar

7. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

HI pa cum Bf,

Belated silver jubliii anniversaryyy, pls give my wishes to madam also paaa.
    After a long time iam writing back to you. YOU r the same and will never change in capturing the womens heart and toung toooo.

Great that you had the largest dowry in the world, that is your greatness paaa.Now a days men never think of such happiness throughout life.The topic is woulderfull and being a lawyer i wanted to file a case against you paaaaa. just kidding pls do not take to heart.

Thank you for such wounderful title's and writeups.May god bless you with great health and wealth tooo .

bye paa cum Bf, takecare.

madhumathi, your gf cum daughter.

8. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Hello Sridhar Sir

First of all, Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary!!! My wishes to Indhu Ma'am also.

I fall into this category. Its so amazing how you pick your titles!

While reading these lines, I was actually imagining you walking without shoes and trying to balance yourself there!!! As usual ... you express yourself in the most descriptive way!

This is what has been, and is happening in India. Though this post was meant to focus on your relations with Indhu Ma'am's family, you have also thrown light on this fact. Ore kallule rendu maanga!!!

I really enjoyed this one! Only a C.A. can think of cash flows in everything they do ... even if they're writing about dowry!!!

You have just reminded me about my CA exam ... I need to go and hit the books! But I didnt know you were a rank-holder! Congratulations!

On the whole, an enjoyable post! Nice to know that you have such a closely-knit family!

Lots of Love
    SWETHA

P.S.: I have read your posts after such a long time as I have busy studying. Pls pray for me ... I hope to clear my CA-PCC exam in June in the first attempt.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  9. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Sriuncle....
    Got it...2k...right?
    Even your each reply hold some nice poetic feel ...(Will never miss it again... thanks for giving me HW.)
    Well where is my V'days spl gift as u offered ;)

Cheers!!
    SK

10. richass

richass Bronze IL'ite

too good...very well written

richa