1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Down the memory lane to Ooty--Final Hairpin bend!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SARASVADIVU, Mar 26, 2011.

1. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear all....
    I am winding up 'Down the memory-lane to Ooty' with this post!
    Thanx a lot for having travelled with me so passionately around each of the hairpin bend.
    Love,
    Saras.

Kaakha Kaakha!!!

After that 'Hilarious horror' in the name of the single-tusker-encounter...it was decided to call off the trip!?

Our bags and baggage were already packed....I was almost in tears.

Not able to see my wailing (because I used to wail a little awkwardly, you see!) my mom and my grand pa
    convinced my father that we would not venture anymore to the forests.

Somehow he too agreed.--the reality was he wanted to stay away from that 'bull-dog' of a manager in his work-place!!!

So, he decided to take us to his friend's cottage in the outskirts of Ooty...which till date he actually regrets:

[​IMG]

Surrounded by verdant greenery the cottage was like walking on the foot-paths of HEAVEN...

Wow! Cute creepers of multi-hues were actually decorating the large french windows.

The decor and the furnishing inside was class and aristocratic...giving us a feel of "being a paying-guest" in the Mughal Emperor Shajahan’s palace!!
    For the first time my mom gave an expression of, 'yenna thaan bakunalum evvalovvu CHAMATHU neenga' at my father.

Only my grand pa was loitering around the place...his face every bit echoing the 'Lotus leaf & Water' philosophy...uncomfortable every inch??!

Day-time passed off quickly: my mom needn't have to cook, as the larder was stocked up to its brim.
    To top it packets of chocolates and quick-bites were gleaming at us from the fridge.

So, a hearty meal followed by a walk in the blemish less, beautiful meadows...everything giving us a feel of something royal.

Only we didn't expect that the happenings later on would also be royally horrible?

There were enough rooms for all of us; while my father and grand pa decided to sleep in the very first bed-room near the main door,me and my mom went to the master-bedroom further inside.

It was a habit with my mother to listen to Balamuralikrishna before unwinding herself.

As usual she switched on the tape-recorder ...but all that came out of it was noises so far unheard of!!!!
    She asked me to get her hankie and cleaned the inside of the recorder; this time confident, that Balamuralikrishna would 'arrive'!

To our astonishment we heard only weird noises...the grand-finale of all the noises being a terrible roar of laughter...For sure it was a lady’s...!
    At the same time there was a loud crash above us....the tube-light was shattered into pieces...

My mom did not show her fright for my sake...Smelling something to be wrong somewhere...she got out of the bed.She quickly reached out to her hand-bag and took out her mini booklet of "Kandar Shashti Kavasam"!

Loudly both of us recited,
    “Shashtiyai knokka Saravana Bhavanar
    Shishtarukuthavum Sengathir Velon
    Paathamirandum Panmani Chathangai
    Geetham Paada Kinkinni Aada"

..Just a few moments later in the tape-recorder….

Balamuralikrishna's voice resumed his normalcy!!
    And there were no more of those weird noises!!!!

Should I even tell you that the first thing my father did in the morning was to check us out of that "Aristocratic cottage”!

And the moment we reached Chennai…I’m sure you would know which our first destination was:

[​IMG]
    Arulmigu Balasubramaniam temple

Now that divine mini booklet of my mom adorns my hand-bag:

"KAAKHA KAAKHA KANAGAVEL KAAKHA"!

2. Keerti16

Keerti16 Silver IL'ite

Nicely written. Its almost like a ghost story!
    Keep writing

Cheers

3. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Saras,

That was another excellent narration. I went around the cottage and enjoyed the place along with you.

"To our astonishment we heard only weird noises...the grand-finale of all the noises being a terrible roar of laughter...For sure it was a lady’s...!
    At the same time there was a loud crash above us....the tube-light was shattered into pieces..."

:rotfl:rotfl

Share your other visits also dear!!

4. SARASVADIVU

Dear keerti,

Thanx for having dropped by..happy that you had liked it:)

:cheers
    Saras

5. SARASVADIVU

Dear malar..

>That was another excellent narration. I went around the cottage and enjoyed the place along with you.

--Cherishing your comment..thanx for dropping by dear:bowdown

Keep coming!!

Saras

6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Very nice, but did this really happen? I am confused :hide:

What were those noises?

7. SARASVADIVU

Hi....

Konjam Unmai,

Konjam Karpanai.

-Athanepa oru periya writerku adaiyalam:thumbsup

{athellam sari..intha 'periya writer' grathu yaaru?-appadinu nee keekradhu puriyudhu he...he...he}

Saras