1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

doubts in l2 visa intervwie

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by jyothsnashiva, May 10, 2014.

1. jyothsnashiva

jyothsnashiva New IL'ite

hi frndz...i had applied for l2 visa ,but interview date not yet given ,i have one doubt in my passport ,spouse name is shiva yyyyy,but in his passport he's having shivayyyy (i mean no gap inbetween name )it will create any problem in visa interview ?

please tell me if u know the solution for it ...asap

thanks in advance
    :help
    regards
    jyothsna

sry frndz in title i made mistake in word interview , without seeing dat i submitted.now am not able to delete it ...

Last edited: May 10, 2014

2. jyothsnashiva

jyothsnashiva New IL'ite

hi frndz ...
    i got my visa interview date ,please tell me the solution for it ....am afraid about it frndz...
    am felling like helpless ......please help me...

3. jyothsnashiva

jyothsnashiva New IL'ite

more than 160 views , but still no one is replying ?...what happened frndz... u did not got like this problem ,when u applied for ur visa to usa ....

regards
    jyothsna
    help the people who really wants ur need

4. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

I think you should be fine. Don't worry too much. The officer will tell you what to do if its a problem. Good Luck.

5. jyothsnashiva

jyothsnashiva New IL'ite

hi soumya ,thanks for ur reply ..first, really i worried about dat issue ...i dont knw wat is gng to b happen on that dat?

6. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Lady, if there is a discrepancy and if it is to be worried upon they would let you know. I presume your passport name and other details are correct. Shivayyyy with or without space is not a problem. But where have you mentioned it? IS that given as the first name and middle name or first name alone?

The name you give for the application should not be a problem. They would let you know the discrepancy. And I presume your passport and your marriage certificate has the correct details(as in the passport).

Keep your documents ready and be confident. L2 interviews hardly people get rejected. So no worries. It should be a cake walk. Good luck!

7. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

Hello JyotsnaShiva,

Ideally this may not be a problem, as long as your have your marriage certificate intact.

When I went for my L2 visa, as per passport, I was still single, and went in with my DH's L1 petition, my interview letter, marriage certificate, marriage albums etc. For good measure I also carried my education certificates, as MY NAME was different in almost all (LOL)

My First name was uniform across, but man-o-man, my last name was different all across !!!. My school certificates has my name with single initial, my marriage certificate had 2 initials, my passport had both initials expanded. With all these, I still got my VISA with no issues.

As long as you have all required papers, you would be good. The US embassy is well educated by us to expect some errors in names ;-)

Please remember to answer ONLY to the questions they ask to the point, and DO NOT expand or add anything more.

Good luck with your interview !

Cheers,
    JM

8. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Unless asked, do not point it out. If they ask, show them the marriage certificate (where the name is correct).

9. ctmom

ctmom Senior IL'ite

Good luck Jyotsna. I agree with MaliniHari...if L1 goes fine, L2 is hardly rejected. Don't worry.

1 person likes this.
  10. jyothsnashiva

jyothsnashiva New IL'ite

thank u malinihari ,my DH is nt having middle name ,his first name is xxxxyyyy and surname zzzzz, but in my passport (at spouse name ) his name divided has xxxx space yyyy ,...,am having correct details ..., ivl take all the documents , ivl try my best
    regards
    jyothsna

1 person likes this.