1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Double standard husband doesnt respect me or my parents. Papa's boy. Self centered.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by njoybuddy, Aug 7, 2012.

1. njoybuddy

njoybuddy New IL'ite

Hi you all there.

Am been married for 2.5yrs and have a 11mnth old baby. Mine was a love marriage in a different city.initially everything ws fine. Me n my husband both were working outside n had wonderful understanding wid each other. Around 1yr back during my delivery, we shifted to our in-laws place. All thru initial 2-3 months after pregnancy till i was bed-ridden, it was a nightmare. I was as if in a state of shock n depression. I couldnt even feel the joy of having my baby. (my stitches didnt heal for 2.5months due to neglection from husband & inlaws) wen only my father talked 2 them they took the matter seriously. My in-laws n husband are verysugar-coated kind of people. All under the guidance of my fil, none of them would talk badly.instead the way they speak all the religious things at every instance, i really wonder are they really the same people, who left me in pain, without any help wid no mercy at the time i needed them most.they would avoid taking me to the doctor as if it was burden for them.they would refuse me even small help of handing over a piece of cloth. I was all in pain all thru that period. Verbally, they would talk big things in front of people n even 2 me but wenever it would cum 2 doing they would make sum or other xcuses. I talked 2 my husband many times bt he would start counting all other things dat he earlier did wen v were staying alone n would blame me for being incredible 2 him n his parents. I tried hard to go 2 my parents place n had arguments wid my husb & in-laws too but i wasnt allowed. Finally wen i went after 3 months, i prolonged my stay ther to 2 months instead of 1 month. I wasnt able to cum out of the state of shock. It definitely strained our relations for sum time. He even uttered maa-behen gaalies to me. Since the time v have shifted to our in-laws my husb doesnt talk properly to my parents even if they cum home. As a result i dont feel like calling them also to avoid their insult. The thing is verbally my husb & in-laws talk polite but otherwise they keep themselves busy wid appointments to avoid talking to my parents.my husband has started his own business around 4-5mnths back. Myself helping him out wid d same. As long as i earn him good he would be very nice, loving n caring too now. Would also help wid baby chores occassionally. Sum day if customers dont turn up, then he would start blaming n fighting wid me. Then he would start calling me duffer, mindless, un-attentive , incapable. He has lot of superiority complex. He doesnt consider anyone better than him. Now after we started our new business, i first time came 2 my parents on rakhi. Well, just day b4 i was supposed 2 move back, my mother fell seriously ill n was required 2 admit 2 d hospital. So i cancelled my ticket n stayed over further for 2 more days. Though my husband didnt refuse me 2 stay he has started misbehaving. He has stopped talking 2 me properly. Neither he or his parents have talked 2 my parents even once. I was hurt n told the same 3-4hrs back wid him. Again he didnt accept his mistake, instead started blaming me n my parents for being irresponsible n not taking proper care of my mother. I am deeply hurt. I feel as if being used wid no respect for my parents n me. I had been very loving and did everything possible for my husb but seems as if he only makes use of me.my fil has always been guiding him wrong things- make use of every person in the world u meet for ur benefit. Keep in-laws at a distance. Not only this, in two instances, under the guidance of my fil, my husband even cheated two near relatives for money. I am really hurt deep inside not knowing how 2 correct n improve my husb. I have tried everyhing possible, bt nothing seems 2 work. He is not ready separate from his parents.dont understand how to tackle everything. Please help !!!!!!!