1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Doordarshan oldie goldies!

Discussion in 'TV' started by Nivedi, Aug 30, 2007.

1. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nivedi You took me back to my childhood, loved to watch malgudi days ( tananana na na na), nukkad, buniyaad, tamas,flop show and chitrahaar.Now there is abundance of serials on tv but who will wate time watching the conspiracies and the tryst to be the best bahu kind of crap.

2. eyesha

eyesha New IL'ite

beleive it or not just today me and my husband were remembering those old days of doordarshan, and my eye caught this thread.
    its very nostalgic!!!
    apart from all the mentioned shows above,which r so unforgettable,
    there was even a science fiction based serial.its name seems to be on the tip of my tongue but i just cant recollect it.it was about time machine.a boy goes bak into his past,etc...:confused2:
    hey no one above mentioned karamchand??
    other remarkables were
    aisa bhi hota hai.....based on strange things
    manoranjan/mitti ke rang...... based on short stories
    fauji/circus............fabulous ones having then not so big shahrukh khan
    the world this week...........prannoy roy now big with NDTV
    mirza ghalib...........naseeruddin shah
    not mention the ramayana and the mahabharata
    (we used to have picnic like atmosphere when they were on, my naani used to have sandwiches and tea ready before time)
    the sword of tipu sultaan.
    and for the maharashtrian friends
    ek shoonya shoonya......starring shivaji satam
    gotya...........the sweet boy
    there was also a serial named guenipig.i think it had mahesh manjrekar in it?
    and last but not the least
    aamchi maati aamchi mansa..........based on agriculture but dunno why we used to love it. its opening song still resonates in my ears.
    thanx for reminding those lovely memories.!!!!!:2thumbsup:
    bye, loved sharing it with u lovely ladies.:thankyou2:

3. swapna15

swapna15 Senior IL'ite

Well, whenever I see glimpses ( in between changing the channels-can not stand watching it) of star or other similar tv channels where women folk clad in jhagar magar saris and camera is going like shoom shoom shoom in 10 different angles for no good reason I really miss the oldies yar..!!

Those were the days when so many good serials were on tv...I remember whole sunday mornning we used to sit in front of tv..Kacchi dhup (by amol palekar), wah janab..

Hum log and Buniyad, Tamas and Udan ( with the Surf model Lalitaji..), khandan, karamchand, ye jo hai jindagi and yes malgudi days..Not to forget Surabhi, World this week with Pranav Roy and one discussion and debate programm with Vinod Dua.. and how can we forget Sai paranjape's serials..?..Even on star plus they used to show good serials initially before Ekta Kapoors encrochment..Remember Sans by Neena Gupta, and Pal Chin..? They were really decent serials..

I really miss that..I have got whole star package with my standard package but I cant stand it..even the news channel in our country have become so melodramatic..sorry to see this really..

Swpna

4. Kurunji

Kurunji New IL'ite

Eyesha,

The science fiction serial about the boy who travels in time ; i think it was called 'Indhradhanush' . That boy [Akshay Anand] is now acting in other serials / roles in films. He came as the younger brother in 'Thoda hai thode kee zaroorat hai....' on Sony tv.

5. eyesha

eyesha New IL'ite

oh yes it indeed was indradhanushya.:thumbsup
    do u remember serial ANDAAZ which used to air on zee.
    it had parmeet sethi as the main lead.
    it was i think the first serial completely shot in dubai.
    himesh reshamiya was the music composer for that serial.

6. Kurunji

Kurunji New IL'ite

Hi Eyesha,

The serial 'Andaz' with song by Himesh Reshamiya , starred Shekhar Suman and Farah ; the same song was used for the film 'Humraaz' starring Akshay Khanna, Bobby Deol & Amisha Patel.

The Parmeet Sethi serial was shot in Dubai , Sharjah and other parts of UAE. It was called 'Dastaan' and also had Ashish Vidyarthi as the villain character Lankesh !

:wave Regards.

7. anukrish

anukrish New IL'ite

Kurunji, Sindhuja - DO you remember watching Iravil oru pagal starring Revathi and Suresh Menon?

8. ariesgirl

ariesgirl Guest

Friends,

Do you remeber the ads aired those days.I used to love the ad break back then.Now those are justRantbonkbonkbonk

9. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

hi,
    Thanks for opening this thread
    You brought back my memories too. I loved to watch Chitrahaar, Junoon, and Oliyum Oliyum, Ladies hostel, Nalladhoru oru veenai, etc ...in Tamil.

10. shrutirupa

shrutirupa Senior IL'ite

hi there
    u have opened a lovely thread
    i remeber my parents and sometimes me also watching ramayan, marathi serial i think awam, 100 , gotya, wagle ki duniya , humlog , nukkad, malgudi days , rangoli on sundays all descent serials
    miss them
    regards
    shrutirupa