1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Doordarshan oldie goldies!

Discussion in 'TV' started by Nivedi, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Do your remember those small snippet films on Unity that was shown on Doordarshan in the 80's? They were very popular. Those were the times when soap's were few except for Hum Log, Ye jo hai zindagi, the weekly Chitrahaar and Chitramala. The soap's were clean and interesting, nowhere near the one's that we see now.

Here they are for you to view (Courtesy:Youtube)

Mile Sur Mera Tumhara - Original Door Darshan - This is one of the cutest one's.

Mile sur mera tumhara - This one is Mile Sur mera tumhara.

Hope you enjoy them!

Cheers!

2. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

Mahabharatha,
    Malgudi days and Hum Paanch archives can be found in
    Rajshri.com

We have been watching episodes one by one...

3. Mythraeyi

Mythraeyi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

That brought back a lot of memories of 80's TV. Thanks for posting. I remember 'Buniyaad' used to be very popular. Does anyone know if DVD's are available or episodes posted online.

Mythraeyi

4. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Hi Nivedi,
    As Mythraeyi said, you brought back my memories too, I used to watch Nukkad, Buniyaad, Ye jo hai zindagi. I still remember some the stories too..

Tulasi

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  5. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey

The old shows had a different charm to them... when there was no cable and we used to wait for that one day when that show was aired.. ohh it was great...

In the old ones I like Byomkesh bakshi, FLOP show... Malgudi days... such clean and simple entertainment

6. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Nivedi,
    You brought back my memories too. I loved watching Duniyaad, Malgudi days, Surabhi, Jaspal patti's show, Wagle ki duniya., etc... I also loved watching chitramala, Chitrahaar, chitralahari, and Oliyum Oliyum, Ladies hostel, Nalladhoru oru veenai, etc ...in Tamil. I still remember that I used to count all the ads before the Chitrahaar and Oliyum and Oliyum.

Thanks for opening this thread.

7. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Sorry ladies - the link to the cute animation was wrong. The right one is here:

Ek Titli

8. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

MeenLoch - I would like to watch Malgudi Days again. The title music was so good.

Mythraeyi - Buniyaad was a hit. Masterji and Laajoji are characters one cannot forget.

Tulasi - I had almost forgotten Nukkad. There was a Kopdi, Guru, teacher who loved Guru, two competing marwari businessmen.

Abha - I used to watch Byomkesh Bakshi too - the Sherlock Holmes of India.

Sindhuja - Surabhi was too good - it was such an innovative show on India's art and culture. Wagle ki duniya was so reprentative of middle class homes. And I do remember Ladies Hostel in Tamil. Ads were fewer those days. Do you remember K Balachandar's Rail sneham?

Do you remember those newsreaders? Minu, Tejeshwar Singh, Komal G B Singh, Neeti Ravindran and Rini Simon.

9. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Hey Nivedi,

Must thank you for making us recall our memories associated with TV in the 80's!!:) Wow! those were the days, minus all the saas-bahu saga of today!!!

My favorites were Byomkesh Bakshi (absolutely loved Rajat Kapoor in that), Yeh joh hai Zindagi, Wagle ki Duniya (Anjan Shrivastav & Bharti Achrekar made such an awesome couple & fitted the role to the T).

I also loved another serial called Aashiana which had 13 episodes & dealt with life in the army, Nukkad & yeah...Buniyaad & Hum log too, i think these two were the first soaps to be aired.

Oh! yes, Udaan too, which was so inspiring for young girls & women.:mrgreen:

Ragini.

10. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Nivedi,
    Yes, I remember Rayil Sneham, just the title. Was it the one in which Raghuvaran acted? It will be nice if you can tell me 2 or 3 lines of the story so that i can catch. I loved that story that time. I don't know how I forgot the story. Nalladhoru veenai is the serial in which Poornam Vishwanathan had acted, am I right?

Thank you, Nivedi.