1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Don't save it for the funeral.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sravanthi28, Sep 22, 2007.

1. yenetishashi

yenetishashi Senior IL'ite

hi ,
    excellent post sravanthi.it is true ...live life as it comes ,u never know what happens next minute. live happily and let everyone around u be happy always.
    bye,
    shashi.

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hi my dear friend

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whan an excellent post, i think its for me, i sued to keep everything for the future, but i will never postpone my feelings for people, i will always express my feelings,luv, anger,gratitude or passion or anything immidiately, i strongly beleive in that, if it is not told by time, we wont get another chance .

Anyhw, i have learned lot...........from ur words.

Tnk u so much

latamurali

3. Sravanthi28

Sravanthi28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Bala,
    This thing is common with most of us. We have unlimited love for our near & dear ones in our heart, but dont express it often. Sometimes it also leads to misunderstandings. Your hubby is very apt. Past and future are not in our hands. So we should make use of the "present" as much as we can.

Sravanthi

4. Sravanthi28

Hi Latha,
    i was on top of the world after reading your response. Though it was a forward that i have posted, i felt immense pleasure that it made you think. We often store materialistic things as well as feelings for that so-called "special occasions". But we seldom realize that everyday is a "special one ".

Life is a gift
    Live it...
    Enjoy it...
    Celebrate it...
    And fulfill it.

This should be our motto for each & everyday of our life.

Sravanthi

5. Sravanthi28

Hi Shashi,
    thank you.

Sravanthi

6. Sravanthi28

Hi Anandchita,
    I too once had this habit of storing everything. My parents always bought a very good dress for my birhtday every year ... actually it happened to be the most expensive (compared to dresses worn on other festivals & occasions) and the one which i cherished most, since i used to spend a lot of time .... going through a number of shops and only settled for the best. I used to wear only once or twice through out the year(including my b'day). It happened every year and now i feel very bad about it. I couldn't wear them now though i feel like wearing them. They are still very new & my mom really feels vey bad when i suggest her to give away those dresses to somebody.
    She is storing them for my daughter :) , if ever i had any.

Sravanthi

7. priyauc

priyauc Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sravanti,
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful message. what is the point of saving and hoarding all the wonderful collection of crockery, money, jewellery etc in hope that tomorrow when we are in a better life we will use it. the fact is we will grow old. we all curb our desires , save money and do not enjoy life in planning for the future, but do we know where life will take us?? maybe we will be diseased and wont be able to enjoy all the things we have saved.someone else will.so why not make hay while the sun shines....:tongue

8. rekhas

rekhas Senior IL'ite

agree... What you save fo the future might not be of interest at that point or you might not be able to savor them for some reason.......