1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Don't believe every baba or Godman you meet

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by momandme, Sep 2, 2013.

1. momandme

momandme Silver IL'ite

All this fuss about babas and so called Godmen abusing and conning people has become a very common thing today. People follow these men and women with a lot of respect and hope to end all their problems through them.

But if you want to pray, pray to God directly. Why do you need middle men? Have you done something wrong to not approach God directly? Respect people who you feel are messengers, but don't follow them blindly. Don't give away your fortune to people who do not deserve them. There are many hungry/lonely people out there, people who really need your help. They may be there even in your neighborhood. Help them directly. You don't need middlemen to do that for you! What is the use of ignoring someone who needs you right next door and travel thousands of miles to visit a baba who will take away your fortune and may or may not share it with others.

We each follow our own rituals as per our religions, caste, etc. And if you believe in your prayers and do the right things, you will get what you deserve. There is no magician or any magicial powers that can resolve all your problems. Religion was merely designed so as to bring some discipline and belief in our individual lives.

Yes, there have been some genuine messengers of God who have spread the word of God in the past. But in no way will anyone be able to help you, if you cannot help yourself. Don't make a mockery of your religion. Respect it and the God you believe in and you will get what you deserve!

10 people like this.

2. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

100 % agree with you.. good thought good words and good deeds can get you as far as heaven...

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

A slight corrdection to your statement. Don't believe any baba or godman. If you believe in God that's your business but why do you need middlemen even if God exists? These people are nothing but religious pimps.

2 people like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Momandme,

Every word of what you said makes perfect sense. I am glad you said everyone should pray to the names and forms that they believe in and become better in their respective religion. Helping the people in need is a much better option than giving away our wealth to middlemen. Even religions suggest self inquiry to explore ourselves and how can we afford to blindly believe the middlemen?

One has to investigate before trusting anyone. There are a few why have absolutely dedicated their lives for the welfare of the people and lived their lives for bringing harmony and peace in the world. But most are on a money making mission and we should be able flush out these people pretty quickly.

Viswa

5 people like this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Exactly!!
    Thats what i believe in.
    I don't know why we've to follow any religious monks to cherish the almighty???

2 people like this.
  6. momandme

momandme Silver IL'ite

I wish more people had the sense to think like all of you......

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Very well said, who needs a middleman.

i like u dont beleive in any godman, or any temple, but yes i do pary to the lord upstairs.

Regards

kamal

2 people like this.
  8. BharadwajThiru

BharadwajThiru Silver IL'ite

Here's a different thought. I do think a lot of folks who follow these Godmen are really seeking help to pray. They are sometimes viewed as teachers especially if they appear learned. I agree that this is no reason to pray to them. Praying with them, though might be acceptable.

9. momandme

momandme Silver IL'ite

I agree with you.....praying with them is not an issue, it's when they decide to do things like giving up their fortune, or leaving the womenfolk alone with them, that they bring problems for themselves.

1 person likes this.
  10. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Most self styled Godmen are actually conmen,using gimmicks and tricks to fool gullible people who think that their problems will disappear if he blesses them.
    Huge, lavish shows are held and people buy tickets to get entry.
    Nowadays Babas also enjoy a lavish lifestyle but preach renunciation to their devotees!
    One such baba is now behind the bars on charges of allegedly molesting a 16 year old girl.