1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Don...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by krishnaamma, Dec 20, 2006.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

"Its not difficult to arrest DON...but its IMPOSSIBLE ! "

This is the essence of the whole film DON (2006). Let me sum-up the whole movie.

Shahrukh Khan is the DON who takes care of Singhania's business i.e. drugs, arms, etc... But this time, the DON puts technology to his power, thus using <!--StartFragment -->hi-tech gadgets. Of his team is a person named Ramesh who tries to leave the GANG for his beloved (Kareena Kapoor as Kamini-Sonia) and sister (Priyanka Chopra as Roma). But by director's help, DON comes to know about this:) and kills the poor guy leaving Kamini and Roma angry. Kamini tries to kill him but gets killed. In due course, Roma joins the GANG. Anita (Isha Koppikar, better known as "Khalas-Girl") who is the GANG, is jelous of Roma and Narang (another character) is jelous of DON being more closer to Singhania.

While all this happenes in Malaysia, DCP DeSilva (Boman Irani our J.Asthana / Mamoo), who is incharge of the DON's case, finds out that DON is coming to India and follows him. Its here he exchanges Vijay (Sharukh Khan ofcourse) for DON. But before the police could get some accent of DON to Vijay, DON passes away:cry:.

None other than DCP knows about the swap for which DCP agrees to take care of a kid Dipu's education. When they bring DON back to Malaysia, the GANG members rescue DON from police to their place where he regains memory by a fake police chase.

Dipu is <!--StartFragment -->Jasjit's (Arjun Rampal) son. Jasjit(JJ) is a computer professional who designs safe-lockers that should be authenticated only from computer. The GANG wants him to steal $500 Million worth diamonds from the same safe else his wife would be killed. While doing so, he gets caught by Inspector DeSilva and sentenced for a few years in jail due to which Vijay takes care of Dipu, even though Vijay and JJ have never met before.

The twist from the classical DON here is that the character DCP is not as the police officer in the old movie.

This is just the first part of the movie. No would have ever thought about what the climax would be ! It was so thrilling and I am sure you would be shocked to know what exactly had happened. I am not disclosing it here. Please see the movie.

But in this movie, there is a small direction mistake:confused:. At one stage, JJ calles some-one to get a disk to a place by 7 'o' clock. But they (JJ and Dipu) manage to escape from the place. But when they come out of that building, the environment is like as if it is some 4 'o' clock (PM). Just the next scene, when Vijay (who is disguised as DON) follows them, its like 8 'o' clock (PM).

But, anyway, apart from this, it was flawless. After u see the whole movie, see it again once and see how DON/Vijay has acted that goes with the climax.

Enjoy the movie...:wave

2. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

DON - not what it sounded like, at first sight !

HI Krishnamma,

It was interesting to read your review about Don Movie...Incidentally, yest nite I started watching DON (for an hour) and then went to bed....

I must tell you, the first half of the movie (upto whatever I saw), was not so interesting.....the movie is tooooooooooooo slow in picking up the momentum...there is too much of unreality in the sequence of events in the movie,like the killing of Ramesh leaves a question in our minds, as to how DON comes to know abt ramesh's plans to leave with kaamini, similarly the Police informer who is shot dead (with the golf ball) during the initial scenes - how DON knows he is the informer ??

I was expecting Kareena to have a good role in the movie, instead she was just used up for 2-3 scenes and a dance sequence and she was out of sight...

Similarly Roma's stunt of killing 2 police officers and getting into Don's kingdom, is beyond reality...I wonder how such big thugs just like that believe a girl and take her into their group without knowing her background and just getting conclusive about her with just one shooting scene !

Maybe, I should watch the second half of the movie to see how it goes..my hubby watched it to the end and morning commented the movie wasn't that bad at all ! though it failed to keep up the expectations that it created from all those hypes, he said it still keeps you entertained !

Also, Offlate, am getting sick of the usual sharukh looks and laughs, high time he changes those expressions...!

Now, your review has aroused the interest to see the complete movie, which I will do so tonite.

Keep writing such movie reviews...am sure, it's fun to discuss movies.

Love,
    Preethi

3. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

DON...will surely leave your jaws opened

Hi Preethi,

Thank you for your reply. I guess you would see the movie without fail tonight:-D.

Look out for other movie reviews, whici I have seen and liked. May be some of them are old, but will write reviews for ones I have seen and liked.

Bye,

Krishnaamma:wave