1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Don’t Mess with Me!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jul 9, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    My family is quite a friendly sort of a family. We generally mingle with quite a few people. But like any other family, we too have certain rules n regulations when it comes to making friends and all. We generally like to keep it to ourselves and don’t poke our nose in someone else’s business. It’s obvious that we don’t entertain somebody getting too friendly or too curious about our concerns. We are sort of ‘No-nonsense’ people. Anyway.
    My younger one is one step ahead. She’s in IV grade now. When she was in III, a boy from her class asked her one day,” Hi!, you look so beautiful, so cute. Tell me one thing; do you have a boyfriend?”
    And this girl gave a stunning reply! She said,” First of all, how dare you ask me something as ridiculous as this? And secondly, this is neither your age nor mine to get involved in such things. You better concentrate on your studies and let me do the same with mine!”
    When she returned home that day and narrated the incident to me, I couldn’t stop myself from laughing and hugging her for giving an apt and a strict reply to a stupid question. I feel very proud of her.
    CheersJ

2. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Kudos to your kid and you parents.Very well brought up:thumbsup:bowdown

3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear soumya for your feedback.i apologise for replying after so long.please keep reading my space and sending your valuable insights.cheers-anu:)

4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Anu,
    Kids now are exposed to so much on TV that their imagination runs wild!
    Kudos to your kid for giving that boy such a smart, apt reply!
    Sending her my hugs!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear janani for your feedback.yes,i too agree with you.kids are exposed to many things now a days and many a times they don't even know the meaning of it.but, since elder ones are doing it, they also like to follow.cheers-anu:)