1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dollar is not everything!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa
    This Family Dosa had its origin in Annapoorna Hotel of Coimbatore. It used to be a sight to watch two bearers carrying it to the table and laying it solemnly on the table. Initially only very enterprising people who loved a bit of adventure in eating, ordered for it while the shier people like me watched it from the side table. Once a Family Dosa extended almost up to my table while I was waiting for my favourite Sambar Idly and it was with great difficulty I resisted the temptation to take a piece of it. It was one of those classic 'So near and yet so far' situations!

The upright cone is now a common sight in all restaurants and yet the dilemma continues whether one should strike it supine before attacking it or let it keep standing and attack it in the true spirit of a great warrior that endeared Porus to Alexander!

It may have been resourceful on your part to pass of pancakes with maple syrup as oothappam but I am sure you will carry the feeling of guilt to this day whenever you happen to see an oothappam with exotic dressings adorn your plate. You could have passed off a hundred things as oothappam but how could you do it with a pan cake? This is the unkindest cut of all!
    Sri