1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dog in the manger! (Inspired by slgayathri!)

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear cheeniyasir,
    Another good character study.
    Hilarious - to read about, of course. But decidedly un-funny as company at a buffet-to-die-for !

This Ponnaiyyan brings to mind some of those hoity-toity ladies at wedding feasts who nibble on half a vadai and a quarter spoonful of bisibelebath and exclaim how "absolutely stuffed" they are - leaving all normal eaters within earshot feeling like pigs .:evil:

Anyway, my first reaction on reading the narrative was exactly the same as that articulated so well by Chitvish. Poor Wife ! But after reading that tail piece about Mrs.Ponniah, I'm inclined to shift my sympathies to the much ridiculed Mr.P himself. Perhaps the lady , as a new wife, with a single-minded goal of paving a highway to hubby's heart, loaded him with sinfully scrumptious goodies of all description thrice a day, and left him nursing a medico's catalogful of alimentary discomforts. Perhaps that gave rise to his psychotic fear of good food, not only for himself, but also - in a magnanimous spurt of universal love -for all his friend too ??

Well, between a wet blanket of a father and a perpetual Santa-Claus of a mother, lets just hope the children grow up healthy in body and in mind.

Regards
    manjula

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manju
    Reading you I have come to the definite conclusion that over indulgence is the only way to Salvation! Like our Arunagirinathar!
    Rajneesh did it in a limited way but his desciples stopped only with indulging caring a damn about salvation!
    Like even the most diehard lover of sweets will grow weary with too much of it, Ponnaiya's saintlike detachment can be only attributed to Priya's technique.
    Should I go about preaching this technique to attain salvation? I have a white beard already and an acceptable countenance!
    What say you, dear Madam?
    Sri

3. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniyasir
    Get yourself a nifty robe and you're in business !
    You could even prove to be a damn sight better Guru than some holier- than -thou charlatans masquerading as Realised Souls !
    (besides, as Vivek says, its the best moolah-raking business going today !)

Rgds
    manjula

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Swami Ji,
    Whether Manju answers or not, I would love you to be my guru ! Only the Rajneesh factor "scares" me a little for obvious reasons !:wink: :wink:

With you entering "business", I will be the first sishyai & start

Hare Sri Hare Sri
    Sri Sri Hare Hare

Bholo Sri Ki Jai !

Sadguru Sri nath ji ki Jai !

Yours,
    with all reverence,
    Chithra Mata.

5. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

my my my, whats happening here......are we starting an ashram a la Rajneesh style....i was trying to come with terms with the analysis of Ponnaiyya character and trying not to feel guilty at overindulgence or giving in to temptataion and not listening to the Inner moral voice of Ponnaiya in built in all human brains....and lo what do i see, a Swamiji who is just about to get into a nifty Robe and there is already a Ready Shisyai....
    and also seems to be some business talk to and well um um ....:confused: some singing/praising all ready ......:roll:

Hare Sri Hare Sri
    Sri Sri Hare Hare

Bholo Sri Ki Jai !

Sadguru Sri nath ji ki Jai !

from our ....:eek:mg:​

with all reverence,
    Chithra Mata.

Ha ha ha ha ......:rotfl​

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha,
    Have not been posting "naughtily" for quite some months for obvious reasons. You know, how my hands must have been itching, since I am the most innocent woman in I L .
    Sri claims to be 60 + & so a harmless :)wink: ) age to write naughty posts to!
    Only thing which "pricks" me is the Rajneesh factor! Now that I have company in you as a co-sishyai, I am safe, Sudha !:yes:
    Let us go ahead enjoyably - Sri, hardly 2 months old in I L , will be thrown "off his balance" - I hope not !
    Love,
    Anonymous !

7. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Welcome back Anonymous,
    have really missed you and obviously the fun too!

Well Cheeniya sir , you may have to go back in time( a year or so, ) to understand what your Shisyais are talking about! After all before we have accepted u as our Guru, :wink: we were not so Innocent!
    Looks like our new Guru has already prompted the Innocent to come out as Anonymous.....so i am sure we sishyais are ready to learn to have more fun/humour a la P G wodehouse style , and attain salvation!:yes:

8. Cheeniya

Dear Chithra & Sudha
    I have already started fancying myself as a godman who owns his private jet! With such illustrious ladies as both of you as my Sishyais, sky will be the limit!
    Nice to see both of you chewing the cud and going into ecstasies!
    Sri

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Cheeniya for providing an eternal laugh fest with all your posts. You seem to tickle the laughter bone in everyone, as is obvious by most of the rejoinders you get:) Well, laughter is the best medicine and I am not complaining, rather I am seeking out your special sub-forum to tank some humor.
    Looks like most of us seem to know of a Ponnaiya in our lives. I seem to know of a 'Ponni'!! She is always trying to peek behind the delicious dishes dished out to her at any get together. Because, after consuming and enjoying a generous portion of everything on the array, unfailingly questions as to how many spoons of oil, how much coconut and what amount of cream etc etc went into the preparations of such yummies and later faithfully tells one and all how her food is only steamed and devoid of carbohydrates....but then...her food is also never served...we are yet to taste it:rolleyes:

L, Kamla

10. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    Evelyn Vaugh, the ardent follower and famous biographer of PG Wodehouse, once said that he always read a chapter of PGW before he went to sleep. When asked why, he explained that it made him go to sleep with a big grin on his face and if he ever died in his sleep, people would find his body with a big smile on his face! People would think he died a contented man and feel happy for him! Such is the power of humour!
    So there is a female version of Ponnaiya, aptly named Ponni too?
    Must ask National Geographic and The Animal Planet to do some research to find out if there are such discerning eaters among animals too.
    Sri