DOG / CAT OF THE DAY at dogtipper.com

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Custard, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

2. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello all,

My Dobies Benji & Simba are celebrating their first birthday today! Please do send in your wishes so that they have a healthy and happy long life !!! :)

I sent a picture that we clicked today to dogtipper and they were so good to feature it on the same day as its a special day! please have a look :
    Benji & Simba: Doberman Pinschers | DogTipper: Tips, Dog News, Photos & More

3. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY dear SIMBA & BENJI ....love from Romeo & Juliet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hi Custard,

Wow! saw the lovely picture of Simba & Benji.:thumbsup The cake looks yummy ....did they gobble it all up as soon as the photo session was over?
    What a cosy twosome they make.....perfect picture of fraternal love...lucky to have each other and a doting mistress who loves them to distraction ! Real celebrities now ...what with Fropper.com highlighting their B'Day on their site.Guess we need to get their autographs now :biglaugh!
    What long legs they have .They must be very good runners I'm sure .Their well manicured paws with dark coloured claws almost seem like you've got them covered with nailpolish !:biglaugh

Have you got them trained? They look so obedient posing for the picture.:cheers
    Our Romeo & Juliet are absolutely the opposite ...they run as soon as they see the camera !
    I managed to get a few recently....

after enticing them with a packet of pack of dog biscuits.

R & J also send across their best woofs and waggie waggies to Simba & Benji:)

[​IMG] <CENTER><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TD align=middle>
    </CENTER>​

Attached Files:

4. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Thank you Paulina Mam!!!

Hello Paulina mam,

Thank you so much for comments. The card is too cute!
    My hugs to R & J for their wonderful wishes.
    My dogs are not trained. They are typical Dobie - naughty guys. They look so good in the picture! :biggrin2:

R & J look like very well maintained dogs! and I couldn't stop laughing to see a pack of treats in each picture. :rotfl
    They are very clean and especially how do you keep Juliet so clean? she has more hair.
    How frequently do you give them bath.

The best Birthday gift Benji & Simba received today is the wish from R&J with their pictures.

5. Paulina

Hi there Yummy Custard !!

Wonderful to read your reply.....glad you liked R & J's pictures .
    My dear, it is a full time back breaking job keeping these two well groomed .
    First of all , we do not leave them outside to play in the mud etc., They are absolutely hot house dogs so to speak .They live indoors all the time .Now that summer's fury is on the increase , they are always indoors ....favourite pastime is snoozing under the bed in AC comfort ! They get their exercise outside in the morning ...about 30-40 minutes
    If they have any mud on them , then promptly I hose them and wipe them dry and use their doggie talcum deodorising powder .They get brushed every alternate day .Shampoo baths are twice a month and sponging after brushing is also twice a month...to keep all odours at bay ! Since they are indoors all the time, I need to make sure about the hygeine angle .
    They are house trained from early puppyhood .there are two bathrooms one downstairs and one up stairs that are not used .So an area is paper lined there for them to use for all their Nature calls .That has to be cleaned up twice a day and disinfected too ...so you see all the paddling that goes on under water for the smooth sailing above for outward exposure!
    Anyway these two are the apples of our eyes and the rewards in terms of their devotion to us cannot be measured.
    Juliet will be turning 15 yrs old in July and Romeo will be 4 this June.
    Julie has cardiac problems and has medications for that....we hope she will be around for a long time...smaller breeds have a longer life span it seems.These days she can go down the stairs slowly and she has to be carried back up,as climbing up is very hard on her.
    So that is all the news from R & J.

6. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Custard...
    your doggies are soooo elegant and majestic.. just saw their pics on the website ...
    they look really well behaved...
    I too have just got our first pup last sunday, he is a lab & is 40 days old and such a sweet heart... I'm having initial problems with his training etc.. can you please visit my thread "help required with 32 day old pup" and give some advise???
    would be good.. paulina is regularly helping me too
    Thanks
    K

7. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Paulina mam,

Thank you so much for telling about the routine of R & J! Its very obvious that you are giving them very good care, could make it out when I see them in the pictures.They are very lucky too to get a nice family. Juliet is 15 years? hmmm... cant believe she looks young, again the credit goes to her care taker :thumbsup

Cardiac problems? I'm sure she will be healthy for a long time to give you her love n affection. Do you go to private Vets or the Government Hospital at Chennai? I heard that the Govt. hospital is very good, is it true? I saw it in TV programms.

My hugs to R & J!!!

8. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh and the problem here is that we dont have AC and Benji would splash his drinking water and lie on that just like his mom !:biglaugh

:iagree

9. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much Kelly for your feed back! Sure, I'm going to your thread now.

10. Paulina

Hi Yummy custard !

Thanks for all the good words ...I feel so good to know that you think that R& J
    are well looked after.They do take up a lot of time , but as I said I would not have it otherwise ...they are our kiddies now that we are retired and sittiong in an empty nest with the children and GD all living across the seas in the US of A.
    I just finished with R's exercise ...J does not need any and I have to carry her up stairs...she can't handle steps...poor baby doll .Yes, she looks like a pup still though she has reached grandma stage ! the Spitz breed ones are very tiny and remain young looking .
    So long!