Does hypothyroidism have any effect on getting pregnant?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by umaramani, Feb 29, 2008.

1. injustice

injustice Bronze IL'ite

Thank you shanmykhabhavan,
    Thanks for your reply.

From 4 day sucessfully reduced rice .almost 1corelle cup of rice with lots of buttermil and sambar or curry. Is this good one?
    You told leafy vegges can. Take soinachcurry with some oil .

Can you suggest any dish at noght which fulls my tummy. Can. Take ragi?

2. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Congrats for sticking to your guns and the will power you have on reducing rice intake. Keep that going, you will be fine in few weeks.

Regarding your meal, I am not expert as the ladies in that fitness forum perhaps they better guide you than me. But what I've been following is morning a glass of vegetable juice which contains one to two kinds of raw vegetables and green vegetable. Or if you can find wheat gross juice is even more better healthier. If you are still here in US you can find it in powder form in Whole Foods store or if you are in india then it is not a problem at all. You can very well find pretty much anywhere or you can grow it at your home yourself. Then after one hour a cup of sprouts. For lunch little rice (definitely not a cup, more that that) since dh & I could not pass the day without rice, so we take little more than a cup rice to work as lunch and also few pieces of carrots, spinach (must)/any kind of green vegetable, broccoli (must), tomatoes and few pieces of apple (must), pears, pomegranate seeds (must) and one boiled egg (if you do not mind to have it) half a cup of plain non flavored Greek yogurt with it. You can take regular desi/american yogurt, but we like to take greek yogurt as it has no fats in it and low calories. Rice, vegetables and yogurt we have them in lunch time, and fruits we have them in snack time (evening-time between lunch and dinner). for dinner try make chapatis without oil and instead of using only wheat flour try using multiple flours i.e. bran, ragi and wheat in equal proportions. Because the chapatis made with wheat flour are high in carb. If you mix with bran and ragi less in carb and also very healthy and stomach fuller. You can hardly eat 3 after that you would feel very full. For night generally I do only one curry not any green vegetables.Try to use less salt, oil, chilli powder and spices like garam masala. Eat chapatis with a good quantity of curry. But one caution here watch out for your bowel moments.Because it makes you constipated. Make sure you drink PLENTY of water when you eat these multi flour chapaties especially for bran stuff. I was a victim of severe constipation for about a week. I'd struggled a lot (sorry for tmi). so drink as much water as you can. You may feel some discomfort of bowel moments but after few days you will be fine but do not ignore water at all, It's my sincere advise.

This is generally our schedule for weekdays. But in the weekends we do skip sprouts and take milk/coffee with Bran cereals instead and I make indian goodies. So those two or one (sat&sun or only sun) we do not follow any diet nor eat too much junk. But yeah we do lead normal american life. Eating outside in restaurants and all kind of junk food including pizza, french fries. But we strictly follow good/healthy diet in weekdays. So you can plan something similar like this as per your life style and your time. For time saving when we get back from grocery shopping I clean all stuff with water and allow them to dry and then I cut them as per my use for that whole week and put them in air tight zip lock bags and put them in cooler. You do not need to freez them. But if you can freez them in case if you are storing for 2 weeks or so. So this one small step make my whole week non-hurry and non-lazy. Try this out if you like to. Hope this long post of mine has been of some help to you. Good Luck Dear and sorry for being it so long.[/JUSTIFY]

3. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi everybody,

Even i had TSH 17.6 and T4 0.58 when i started TTC also i have PCOS (irregular periods) and my weight on bit of higher side....Also i was prescribe Thyronorm 50 mg daily in empty stomach....along with metmorphin tablets 500g /91 tablet after each meal)...
    Through god's grace...i conceived the same month...i am still continuing all the tablets as per my doctor's advice....i am in my third month now...doing gud...
    So all will be good for everybody in ttc soon...
    This 2012 will be surely fruitful to all ttc ladies....baby dusts to all of you in ttc....

4. injustice

injustice Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much shanmukabhavan.
    Thanks a lot vety comfortable diet for me.

Congratulations on your pregnancy subhaarchie.

Can you please detail your ttc petiod if you dont mind.

Just wanted to take good steps.

5. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hello injustice,

i am married for 10 months now....i was having irregular periods even before marriage...which got much worse after my marriage...we were actually not trying to conceive for these 8 months...we thought of having a baby after a year or so...but we both had pressures from my inlaws side regarding the baby...all those nonsense talks and stuff...comparing with neighborhood pregnant ladies...when weren't actually trying...then we decided to take a try and before that we have to have a general check up before ttc...we both had so many tests...my dh was actually prefect...no issues...but as expected i had PCOS...and unexpectedly had thyroid problem too..i gynaec told me that its a bit difficult ( not too difficult) to conceive but definitely we can have our baby...
    She prescribed me thyronorm 50 mg ...and aslo asked me to take deviry to get my periods first..( i didn't get my periods for maore than 2 months when i had my first gynaec visit)...as soon as i got my periods... i was treated for thryoid and pcos...thryonorm 50 mg daily in empty stomach...and regular intake of glyciphage (metmorphin 1500 mg per day- i.e 500 mg after having every meal) and along with it B-LONG F (My doctor told that we have to intake folic acid before 3 months of pregnancy....she gave me clomid 100 mg for 5 days from day 3-7 ...but i didn't respond well to clomid...i had just one follicle...she also told me take duphaston for 10 days ( after ovulation) and told me report after 2 weeks(ie. 2ww even if get periods or not)
    Even my doctor had very less hopes...on me...she asked me to report on Day 2(of my menses cycle)...but i didn't get my periods after that...but i had severe abdominal cramps through out the 2ww...i had no hopes...my doctor had less hopes...the one person who had a lots and lots of hopes was my DH...i don't want to encourage him...so i kept my mouth shut...i told him that even some of them get periods after 14 days after duphaston...but he had the gut feeling which i lacked..because i got a brown spotting (then my gyaneac told me that it was implantation spotting)
    My husband waked me up exactle the day after 2 weeks...and asked me to take a HPT...i had no courage to face it...he didn't leave me but told me..if not this cycle...then next cycle...this gave a bit confidence...a then finally got BFP...(it was really a fat pink line) i was unable to believe my eyes...could not take my eyes out of the strip...came out the washroom and my dh asked me like what???i didn't utter a word...but showed the strip...he told me very calmly...this what i told you...
    You kow one thing....my doctor didn't believe me at all...asked to take a Urine test in the hospital once...still not able to accept...then confirmed with a blood test...Now i am in my third month....
    The most important thing in ttc...is to have least expectation...so no stress..no burden...leave it god...just do your duty...follow your doctor's advice...
    i reduce 3.5 kgs in one month before getting pregnant....my doctor told me now...its not necessary to be in diet...but not to sleep during the day time...
    Follow your heart...everything will be good...Lots and lots of baby dusts to you...