1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does having daughters make a difference?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by lovelydoll, Jun 1, 2010.

1. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

I think every individual is unique. Same goes with MILs. Doesn't matter if they have daughters or not.

My MIL tries to treat me almost like a daughter, like she buys stuff for both her daughter and me, but my wicked SIL creates a huge scene and doesn't let her give me anything :rant. I bond with my MIL very well and she reciprocates when SIL is not around. When SIL is around, if MIL talks nice to me, then SIL puts on a long face and throws tantrums like she won't eat or talk :crazy.... so to keep my SIL happy, MIL doesn't bond with me with her around.

So in my case, MIL having a daughter is a bane. I don't mind though. I like my MIL and I know she likes me too.

2. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I donot think MIL having or not having daughter makes a difference. My MIL has only 2 sons...Same with other cousins of my husband too...All of them treat their DIL's very well including my MIL. We do have differences at times, but she has been good to me...

I have seen my friend having a hell of time at home with her MIL ... That MIL has daughter and all the love and affection goes to the daughter and the DIL is taking her anger and wrath..And hell lot of comparisons bw her daughter and DIL too...So It all depends on the individual...

3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Having an independent thinking daughter is of great help to a relation who can look at her relations in an unbiased manner and correct her mother when she's wrong and is inclined towards giving her up center of attracction crown. A mother grows and comes to a new century with such daughter... as she feels less offended to hear of a change from a daughter than DIL.

However when the daughter is a bimbette and whose brain is driven by her evil mother or soap operas and always busy in dirty politics and always want to be the center of attraction.. I guess she's more of a damage than of help. Cos absense of such SIL shall douse the flame...

When ladies know that either they have full daily basis support from their FOO or a married daughter or both they seldom make efforts to resolve conflicts related to MIL or DIL cos they always have a backup... so their attitude becomes more of GTH...

As SriVidya mentioned mentioned "This world consists of all kinds of people..." I agree to it and yes no generic rule applies.

sindmani likes this.
  4. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

:spin even I find the same here

5. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

yeah, your IL seems to have a nice approach.
    1 st though I am the eldest DIL till now, and only female to step into the family, she never cared my feelings.
    she is not open at all and more over brings all nasty clashes between me and my hubby. He is a mummy pet, naturally thinks whatever mummy is saying is good and no second thought.
    she never shared her things and I get her things when I go out. Nonsense thing is she blams that she don't have any ornaments and hoe is that I am having, but those were given at my marriage time by my parents. If she wants to get new things I really have no objection or even not jealous.negatives are similar to your's dear no differences at all:drowning

6. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

umm, they doesn't know how it is after marriage, we will also see the drama then :cheers

7. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

yeah , u are correct dear
    :cheers
    I am just trying to know the behaviours of have's and have not's :cheers

8. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

wow, this is different SIL should help you but it's reverse here.
    anyways, good to hear that you have a loving MIL
    :thumbsup

9. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

yeah, u are correct :cheers

10. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

IT'S TRUE DEAR :cheers