1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does having daughters make a difference?

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by lovelydoll, Jun 1, 2010.

1. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

100% agree with you Sri. Wonderfully written. :thumbsup

2. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

yeah, I agree with you :cheers

3. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

Yeah, nagging SIL adds to MIL's.
    MIL's are people with no change in character since history I believe. Even my MIL is not different and this time in India , showed me a full length picture and things going on.....................
    may be if a girl is present , small issues or atleast feelings might be similar for these male dominants families:thumbsup

4. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

yeah, its an individual opinion about how one feels dear
    thanks for ur feedback :thumbsup

5. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

well said husbands are chosen by luck , even I believe this :thumbsup
    acceptance into the family is important , and this may need a whole life also, as we are outsiders for them :spin

6. lovelydoll

lovelydoll Senior IL'ite

I am with your opinion and this namesake things really bring hatred and distance from them ,they should realize all these and happily welcome a person to their house to make it a home. I no longer like it anyways :drowning

7. raha256

raha256 Bronze IL'ite

whether they have a daughter or not its the human mindset which is creating trouble. so bad inlaws are always bad and good are always good.

my MIL is not having a daughter but my realtionship with my inlaws are:rant

sindmani likes this.
  8. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

well in my case my sil is very much younger to me nd dh and is unmarried. So she gangs up with mil and plays big time politics! :bonkshe does not hesitate in making hurtful remarks and playing a big role in destroying peace in the family! In my opinion unmarried sils are a nuisance.

9. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

My MIL has no daughters and I am her first DIL. The first ever female person to enter in that male dominated family.

This relationship has both positive and negative sides.

Positives:
    - MIL loves to talk openly
    - MIL shares her ornamants/jewels and other precious items (that can be used by a female only) with me
    - MIL take cares of me when I am sick and understands my female problems.. During period times and pregnancy times. And she orders my DH to give me some special care as I need more attention now. She pretends it is a female thing and males do not understand, so give more importance to my sickness and ask others to take care of me. Reason, she didn't have anyone at her home to understand her inner feelings and pains till my entry.

Negatives:
    - MIL goes with my FIL's male chavunist decisions and expect the same from my side too.. Which means I must keep quite when my DH alone makes our family decisions
    - She works in her home like a servant and do all the savas to her DH and sons. So, she expects all women must do the same.. As if we have no other things to do.

And few other minor issues... But I love to be a DIL of a no-daughter family like this.. So I am happy

sindmani likes this.
  10. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

I totally agree with srividya on this.
    We can not generalize.aAll kinds of people are there. so a MIL can be good or bad irrespective of the fact whether she has a daughter or not.

sindmani likes this.