1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does happiness need a reason?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Kamalji,

This is Malathy (admin of this site). Thank you for posting your 1st article about happiness. Hope you and all IL ites (that's how we call all members) here be showered with happiness forever with or without a reason to be happy.

I would suggest you to keep posting your articles in this section - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/articles-and-middles-indian-writers/.

This is a community site and you will find it a little different from a blog site. Once you login, you will get to the forums page. There are various forums to discuss various topics. Keep scrolling down and you will find a section called 'Good to Read' - 6th section. In that you will find 'Articles and middles' forum is reserved for writers like you to post their articles.

Also, I would recommend you go through the http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/1470-faq-index.html which will help you to know the where abouts of the site, how to open a new thread, how to post reply in an existing thread, etc.

Hope you will like it hear. Look forward to more of your articles for this community.

Malathy

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathji,

Thank u very much for yr kind words.

I must say, that Indus Ladies is an excellent site,with very good authors.I just read an article by a lady with initials V something ( please excuse me for not remembering names,let me get used to the bloggers here first),and she writes damn good.I have posted my comments and received the replies.

The group is lively,and thanks to Sunkan for introducing me here.

I have alreadt posted 2 blogs and hope to post more in the coming days.

I have a request of u, please read my two posted blogs,and advise me, if they are of the taste of Indus ladies, or what types they like.

I mainly write Humourous ones,with a little naughtiness,.Waiting for yr reply,thanking u in advance.Regards.kamal

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Resp. Kamalji,

The way you are responding to each and every response we already feel bonded with you.

Your wisdom sounds similar to that of my parents.

Eagerly awaiting more articles from you.

Warm regrds
    Roopa.

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Roopaji,

thank u so much for yr kind words.

So u are a junior eh, and i am new.Im loving the new phrases here.I hardly see any males here, and i am feeling like Krishana among Gopis,ladies all around.

But what i am seeing is very good artciles here,some very touching.I am not the sortof a person to be emotional,but one article of a lady and a poor woman of the street,whom she feeds adn brings home for a bath,really touched me,and i wcould feel a tear trying to drop down,Really good writers here.

I will post one tommorrow,and hoping you read it and comment on it.That makes my day.

Thanks Roopaji ( Junior) regards.kamal

5. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji...........
    Its really a very nice post.......
    Yeah, I agree with you full heartedly that whenever we have a party at home or we have some invitation from frds, we certainly queries for the reason behind this celebration...........
    Now, I understand, do we really know the reason for a celebration, isn't it a reason for celebration that we have such good frds who wants to share their happiness with us for no reason...........
    thank you for posting it.......i'll keep this in mind before asking my frds for the reason when they invite me.............
    Bye.....

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Meetaji,

Thank u for taking the trouble to read my blog.Yes, when the other party dosnt want to give a reason,just go empty handed,with love and blessings.They need yr comopany ,not the envelloppe.So why embarass them ,by asking the reason.

sometimes the reason for happiness cannot be told.Suppose My wife had a lump in the breast,and i am fearing that she has Cancer.I pray to God i will give a party to friends, if it is not cancer.

sippose it turns out to be non cancerous.Can i tell my male friend the reason why i am giving the party, if this is the case?

Even happiness sometimes can be a sensitive issue.So let things be.

Sorry to ramble on,Regards.kamal

7. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Iam toatlly agree with you, If a person can be happy or unhappy it all depends how that person thinks! I feel its all in the mind. Very good post. I enjoyed reading it..

Tulasi

8. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I fully agree with you that money can't bring happiness. But, lack of money is sure to bring unhappiness. Being contended is great. But, this world will not allow us to be contended.

According to British philosopher Bertrand Russel, beleif in a cause gives happiness. He cites the example of a rich man not getting sleep and feeling unhappy watches from his balcony his gardener who lives in a hut nearby is happily singing and tilling the garden. The gardner is happy since he beleives in the cause of gardening. People who live altruistically are generally happier than egoistic people.

Regards,

TDU

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Tulasiji,

I agree with u.it all depends on ourselves and our attitude in life.Thanks and regards.kamal

TDU,

Yes we need to beleive in a cause,like the gardener u mention.I keep happy,and cheerful,and try and spread cheer around.Bcs i dont like to be with gloomy people,so i try not to become one.We all have our own share of problems,why trouble others with them.

thanks nd regards.kamal

10. raxxsach

raxxsach New IL'ite

I too very well agree with u that happiness need no reason actually it should not.But these days or always human always associated his happiness with something or the other .so happiness kind of becomes hapiness of something or getting something .Thus it is transient not permanent as you know nothing is permanent in this world.it is a great thing to achieve in ones life if one just stays happy .It is a state equal to a guru or any blessed person.but yes we can try to incorporate that kind of thinking which will eventually lead to happiness not dependent on factors outside..it is a noble thougt .

<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

( I cannot copyright this blog,as happiness is not my private property )

Recently I gave a party to all my friends and their families at a Club Poolside Venue.12 Couples with families,all close friends were invited by me and wife for Drinks and Dinner.We took our Black Label,Vodka,and other drinks, the Dinner was served by the Club.

When i called them a few days before this,to invite them, they all wanted to know the reason.I told them there is no reason worthwhile to mention,just that they come over,and lets have a good time.But each was persistent.And i had to tell all of them that

A) My married daughter is not pregant

B ) I have not won a lottery

c) I have not got an IT Refund.

Maybe they wanted to bring in a gift or something,appropriate to the occassion.And at the party, they were again persistent with their queries about the reason.And the reasons I gave them did not satisfy them to the least.Here is what i told them.

We have been to Indonesia,to visit our daughter,and she is very happy,That we all are keeping good health,for which we are very grateful to the almighty,barring a toothache and the likes,last year i had bought a new Maruti Baleno,and i have no orders(they thought otherwise that i have received some good export orders ! ),and I am at peace these days,and by God's Grace i dont have to work anymore to feed the kitchen fires.In short I am very comfortable,and The big Boss,The lord has been kind to me and my family,and everyone assoicated with us.

I do not understand the concept of reasons for being happy and contented.Do we have to come across lotteries,or good jobs,or anything related to money to feel happy? Why does there have to be reasons to Celebrate ?Cant we count our blessings and be happy? Of what use is that money, that suppose Someone gets a Crore,and loses a leg soon after,or a loved one.I have enough money to keep me Warm,but not enough to Burn me.

My friends do not understand my reasons for being happy and contented,like a cat after a good milk and fish ?Is money the deciding factor ? If so , all the richest people in the world would be the happiest and vice versa.If in the mid fifties,I dont have BP,Cholestrol,Sugar,Heart,andi can eat what i want,I can spend what i need to without having to work for it at this age,if my daughter is happy with her hubby and all is honky dory,then i personally feel (let others disagree) that i am blessed.And this gives me a reason to celebrate with my friends here in Jaipur.And reasons be damned for all I care.

We males sat together,and the ladies and the kids together.Each group enjoyed themselves.We were drinking silly,and the jokes i heard,well very very raunchy and we were roaring with laughter.Im sure with all that, our clholestrols and BP levels must have come down a great deal.

All in all a super evening,and we enjoyed it,but i am still wondering, if there is ever a reason to give a party or to have a reason to celebrate ?

Lets have your views on this very simple but dicey topic at the same time.and lets see what u come up with.

KAMAL MAHTANI
    [/quote]