1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does everyone follow FIFA? Do u understand the game?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Jul 9, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am never into sports.However,with fifa going on..I just try to keep track a bit.
    Today on fb one of my cousin's friend who had been to USA just an year back was continuously posting about FIFA and who is winning or losing.This girl was very simple back in India and now she sounds so cool with all her posts! I feel throughly ashamed of myself lol.I have been here so many years and I know nothing:(How do some people just learn things just like that??

2. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Simple, if we really want some change. I was never into sports and I am not too. But I just keep track of what happened and only the results. The reason being

1. I dont have any great work to do at home

2. Sometimes, this can be a conversation starter with my friends here. Though I do not speak much on it, atleast I keep track of what is what just to make sure I am not embarrassed in front of them.

And you do not have to feel bad. If people ask me on stocks and shares I would be like whaatsmiley

But if you ask me on books and authors I could speak for days. It is our interest. So nothing to feel bad. Everyone is unique. Just because we dont post on fb or we do not follow the game does nt make us inferior to those who follow that. It is after all a sport.

1 person likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks malinihari:)

4. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Ok onething i just want to emphasize, people pretend a lot on fb! Really Op, i knw so many ppl who just pretend to understand soccer and wud not know what off side mean!! And half of them dknt even know holland and netherland are the same team!
    I liked soccer wn i was in college n den kind of drifted, now tht i got married nmy husband loves soccer so he is explaining everythng n we watch it together! So get hold of smone eho is obssessed with it n get them to tell you the tricks of the trade!
    N m sure you sill hv ur own area of interest tht no on one up you in tht are! :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks so much weasly:) u r right.I sometimes get so affected by fb posts haha.

6. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

I was told that its not too important what we know about soccer but its important we discuss with lots of insistence and defent whatever you think like you are greatest expert ever and know better then referee himself :bonk the fun about sport is the discussion (or doing them)
    I watched the game with hubby last night (germany brasil) and i discussed with him like im expert :coffee fact is i know very less i just like to have lil arguments bout it ;)

I saw lot of posts in fb too, i like the funny ones but i agree totally that most ppl who post there about soccer themselfes have no clue about it :exactly: so dont worry and just have fun

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you recognised these im sooooo happy selfie pics of people alone or in group??? those where its clear that non of them remembers the exact moment later as everyone was just busy in looking good in the pic instead of enjoying the moment???? dont fall for fb acting, its often just really acting.. i know very happy ppl who post nearly never :) I was myself once asked why i never go for outings ... was surprised and replied how can you know???? coz its not on fb n u shud leave house laugh1smileyThat time we had 3 small trips past week i just didnt share any of them :bonk
    conclusion: never trust fb

1 person likes this.
  7. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I follow every bit. My DD does too. My DH took off from work yesterday only to see Brazil getting booted out. We even follow club football. We are extremely excited that the European clubs are playing in the US in two weeks. We are going to watch Real Madrid beat AS Roma to a pulp in the next couple of weeks in a stadium here! Live!
    Soccer runs in our families, Reshmi. Guess which place has a biggest Argentinian fan base outside of Argentina? Kerala and WB!
    So no, some of us who post about football on FB actually follow the game!
    And by football, I mean the real thing, not the football where foot is not used at all ;)

3 people like this.
  8. Kera

Kera Gold IL'ite

I am not into sport, especially soccer is not a USA thing. But last world cup my younger siblings (born and raised here) got in to world cup & I watched few without understanding. This year because of USA playing in it and was doing well, I was hooked until USA lost & I gave up. But during that time, I read articles & score process & found myself geninuely interested in FIFFA

1 person likes this.
  9. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Laks,
    Braz deutschland got a bit numb after a while.
    I am all set and hoping for Messi to become the next Diego! kneesmiley
    But gonna be tough for him to break past the strong multi layer Orange defense first and then the Deutsch tackles.

1 person likes this.
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ragini,
    It felt like a pack of cards crumbling. Poor Brazilians in the stadium. I still can't imagine their defence was so porus as to allow four goals between the 23rd and 27th minutes. Longest four minutes of their lives for the Brazilian fans.

Reg Messi, he's world class. The Dutch will definitely mark him. In the last game though despite being marked by multiple defenders he was able to break through and at least pass along for an amazing goal. My question is will the Argentinians get past the Dutch defenders and their world class Oscar winning acting skills. There are actors on the field and then there are the Germans and Dutch! They are one step above the rest of the football playing actors :)

2 people like this.