1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone's SIL's family(DH's Sis) live with you? What kind of problems do u face?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ArunaSashi, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ArunaSashi

ArunaSashi Bronze IL'ite

We are building first floor of our house now. In the ground floor we have devided the area into a larger portion where we stay and a smaller portion which we rented out. In two months we are going to move in, in the new floor.

Now my SIL says her landlord has asked them to move out in 3 months. She wants to take the larger portion on rent, so that my MIL could help her with childcare and cooking and stuff.

I'm afraid that its going to be like a joint family with her family. I don't have any problems with my PILs. Now this is like an intrution into our life. Right now she lives nearby and it already is an intrution. There are always around. I am so bugged!!

My husband wants to help his sister!

2. ArunaSashi

ArunaSashi Bronze IL'ite

Re: Does anyone's SIL's family(DH's Sis) live with you? What kind of problems do u fa

Already MIL cooks and makes me cook according to SIL's preferences and shared food on daily basis. Which is very irritating! And right now her son comes to our house after school and stays there. She comes around 6.30/7.00 and they leave at 8.30/9.00!

Now I donno whats going to happen!!!!

Actually my husband promised we wont rent it to her. Now she has convinced him to rent it to her. And my husband beleives that he cant be influenced by his mom or sis..

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  3. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Re: Does anyone's SIL's family(DH's Sis) live with you? What kind of problems do u fa

Hi Aruna
    I am speaking from experience when i say that sil's staying near is horrible. when my sil and her family come visit us i am always worked off my feet. tell ur husband frankly that you won't share your house with her. be it renting or staying it won't work that way.
    Hansika

4. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

it depends on whose house you are living in. If the property belongs to your Inlaws then your sil has equal share in it whether you like it or not. If the property has been built by you and your hubby then it is an issue.

5. rojamalar

rojamalar Junior IL'ite

Even if the property belongs to the in laws sils are intrusion. They will take advantage.

6. ArunaSashi

ArunaSashi Bronze IL'ite

In laws had 2 vacant plots. One was given to SIL. One was given to my husband. In ours, he had built the house and now we are building another floor.

7. ArunaSashi

ArunaSashi Bronze IL'ite

I told that.. But she convinced him saying that MIL has to take care of her kids and stuff! I told him, atleast she could drop her kids and pick them up.. But NOOOO! Mom and daughter have convinced him that it is duty and responsibility to rent her the house!!

8. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Do your FIL also stay with you, when you are moving to the first floor, why don't you take the entire responsibility of the kitchen, let your MIL and SIL share the larger portion of the house, so that way your MIL will be busy in her kitchen and won't disturb you.
    If you have separate stair way to your portion then it's all the more good. You can easily avoid their interference in your family.

1 person likes this.
  9. princy123

princy123 New IL'ite

Hi Aruna,

I like blessed's idea. Let SIL move in with your PIL's and you and hubby move to the other portion. Your reason could be that anyways MIL is doing the cooking for her and taking care of her kids, so it only makes sense for MIL to move in with her. SIL is totally going to benefit with this arrangement. Tell this to your husband, let him be the one to do the talking, since he is not able to convince his mom and sis otherwise, the least he can do is convince them for this arrangement.

10. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Oh really?!! What about her duties and responsibilities towards her ILs. Shouldn't her Sil be staying with her too? What about your FIL's sisters? Are they living with you as well.

3 people like this.