1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Aging increase Happiness

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jan 3, 2015.

1. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Great post Kamalji, I too used to think it was easy for previous generation to buy properties whereas it is so difficult for me. And I too agree that I wouldn't want to go back to being young. I am looking forward to old age...infact I wouldn't mind if the next 20-30 years skip by.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Happy New Year Kamalji.

Totally agree with you. Have so often thought about this and each time I feel I am happier where I am today. I have absolutely no desire to go back in time.

1. It is nice to have the advantage of all the experiences one has had through one's life time. Don't want to go back and start from class 1 all over again (in the school of life, I mean - as for schools for kids, a big NO.)

2. Am glad to be done with whatever was unpleasant in life and would not want to go through it all over again.

3. It is nice to be at an age where I owe no answers or explanations to anyone for any of my actions. It is a really liberating age! Good to be what one is without thinking about "what others will think".

4. Yes, kids and young people today have the advantage of technology which we did not have in our youth. It gives them the benefit of having information at their finger tips and that is certainly of use, but for learning that comes through experience, there is no short cut or technology.

5. We had the advantage of a healthier lifestyle (maybe not as healthy as our previous generations, but still not bad) with open places, playing games out in the open air. Our parents did not need to worry for our safety to the same extent that today's young parents have to for their children.

So all in all, like you say, I too am happy to be where I am, except for the fact that my body and mind are eternally at loggerheads! My body refuses to let me jump on a trampoline, whereas my mind craves to do just that! :rotfl

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Nice one Kamalji. I feel that we tend to know that our feet will be in the ground firmly, though we may still have our dreams as we get older.
    Also, we tend to accept ourselves more, with all our flaws and pluses as we mature.
    So, yes, getting older brings in a lot of advantages, experience being the best.

I like your cheerfulness too, and remember this quote once again - "Don't worry for getting old. The best is yet to come!". -rgs

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpa.

yes i have seen a few people who had a lot of money, but they scrounged on takeing BP tablets, for they found them expensive, one chap died of brain hemorage, and the money he left behind, his kids fought for it, and split to not see each others face .

i makes me happy pushpa when i can spread cheer, so i am welcome at most places, they know i wont make any controversial statment, but have everyone in splinters in laughter with neutral things.HAHA

Thank u so much for yr kind and encouraging words pushpa.

Regards

kamal

i would like to call u pushpaji, for u are elder to me, but i was told her by quite a few to call them first name, so i skipped it for everyone. i mean no disrespect to u in any way.

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

You make me feel like a king , Sri.Thank u.50 going on 49 eh ! HAHA. that is a good one.

i am getting old, the joints creak in this cold, but i soldier on.But then i dont brood on the past, or have regrets, and i am always looking out for news to blog on, like todayu morning it was of the weddings, and the envelopes, a very interesting article in times of india, how couples dont want cash, or recycled gifts, which are of no use, so they are just refusing to accept anything from guests.

This is my blog for tomorrow, with my additions thrown in.

Thank u, and i promise u, that i will stay this way, and keep u all entertained, pulling my leg instead of the ilites.

HAHA

Regards

kamal

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabita,

Well what i say, applies to me and Sheryl, how can i say how others feel about the same thing Sabita.

not all elderfly people may be happy, but that depends on how they take life. Some elderly are not happy, as they are the controlling type, as is my neighbour, they have 3 sons, good Dils, but the lady is terrible, so none of them stays with her, and they ahve a big bunglow, but given to many tenants.

That lady wil never be happy in her life.

i guess it is up to us to decide to be happy or sad, to count the blessings of what we have, or curse god for what we dont have.HAHA

i am in the happy category, i dont envy anyone, nor do i desire anything. i have the basics of everything, but not the latest one. in fact my maid has a better mobile and TV than i have, but then so what.

my joeks are thanks to whats app.HAHA

REgards

kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Akansha,

Yes u are right, the more i share my happiness, the more i get from u all. Tomm blog will have u in splits, about the wedding envelopes, which came in the Times of india today, which had me in splits.

Regards

kamal

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Madhu,

u are still young, and u have to do yr growing up and hard work like we did.But enjoy the journey, it is fun. Take life as it comes, REsponsibilities will be there, to our relatives, but still our outlook should be to be fub loving, and friends should be vieing with each other to have our company, for they know they wont get bored with us.what say ?

Read Sheryl's other posts too, like the 50 things she is happy about, damn good, she writes blogs which are damn good.

Regards

kamal

9. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Hello Kamalji,
    Thank you for ur advice. Yes, I have a lot of growing up to do and I am glad that I can take some free advice from elders like u.
    I am waiting eagerly for your next post on wedding envelopes.
    In fact Kamalji, when I read the news paper, I look out for such articles where I think u vl definitely have a humorous view and write about it.
    The Biwi joke has come through whatsapp to my mobile just now. hahaha!!!!! But I can safely tell my friends and cousins that I read it first on IL.

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear CB,

Enjoy the journey, dont skip, yr current age is good, just take it as it comes.

As u enjoy the journmey u wont even come to know how u age, for u age gracefully, but u are young at heart and mind always.Think of cheerful things, like i do, what to write next, etc, keeps me busy and keeps me from brooding.

Regards

kamal