1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Docs/Interview Questions for Applying for Traveller's Visa..(Visa for Parents)

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by Nila, Apr 5, 2005.

1. shweta2105

shweta2105 New IL'ite

Hello Indusladies,

This is my first post. My due date is Sep28th 2010. I wanted my parents to come visit us for the delivery. But their visa was denied because my dad is in government job and my DH wrote that they'll be staying here for 4 months. So, it was an issue how will you get such a long leave being a Government employee. They had their visa interview in Delhi.

So, my question is when can they re-apply for the visa again? I'm thinking to apply only for my mom this time around. I'm very depressed as I never thought I'll be all alone for the delivery. Thank you so much in advance!

~Shweta

2. mathanggi

mathanggi New IL'ite

Hi all,

We are planning to invite my mom alone to U.S as my dad needs to take care of my younger sister.My problem is I don't have a birth certificate only affidavit is present for me.My mom also has SSLC certiicate no birth certificate for her too.what can be done in this case ..My husband is only sponsoring for their trip but still they ask for my birth certificate .
    Is my affidavit enough to be shown or do thy need any supporting document for it?
    In any case does my mom need to show any evidence of her birth..if so, can she show her SSLC certificate?

3. S0na

S0na Senior IL'ite

@Mathanggi,Me too in same situation.Even I do not have a birth certificate.Am going to ask my mother to carry some of my wedding photographs where me,my husband and my mother would be seen together.
    I have heard Interviewing officers never asks for any doc..

Do We need to send hard copies of all documents or a scanned copy would do,if we are sponsoring parents trip ??

4. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mathanggi and Sona,

Idon't know if you both read whole thread, i guess few got same doubt and it has been cleared. Anyway will repeat for you, though our hubby sponsor for his / our side parents...kid's birth certi/affidavit has to be produced.

Eg: For you hubby side parents(inlaws)hisbirth certi/affidavit, for our parents it is our birthcerti/affidavit.

I had my brith certi, where as my sister didn't have brith certi, she managed to get affidavit.

Anyway they rarely ask these documents, incase they ask we should have it to produce at the time of visa interview.

You can scan the documents and they can have printout of that, i have sent original too.

All the best.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  5. S0na

S0na Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Good news is my mother got her visa approved..So now she will be coming here next month.
    Her interview was in marathi language.So she got a interpretor.The officer asked her questions like for which visa she has applied,which place she intends to go.Why is she travelling alone.she answered that her son is busy with studies and my father is in Gov job so He will not get those many leaves.My father's salary.my visa category..my DH visa category,his job profile..company name.Does any of our relatives are in US..with US citizenship.--for which her answer was no.
    While answering she was confident and tried to answer to the point..She didnt show any of the documents..
    Best of luck to all those who are trying for the visa.:thumbsup

6. GreenSignal

GreenSignal Junior IL'ite

I read all these mostly for parents. How about for siblings?

7. rins123

rins123 Senior IL'ite

Hi All.....

My parents' and sister's tourist visa got rejected yesterday at Mumbai consulate...

We had gone through an acquaintance who had helped my uncle and his family to prepare for visa interview...he briefed my parents on the type of questions...filled the forms etc.....

My sister is unmarried 25 yr old and working in big IT company in India.....

My dad has a factory which is currently not running actively so he does stock mkt investing.....

We had kept all the documents with their investements/ property papers/ factory papers which is in his name....my payslips/ EAD card...my sister's NOC from office etc

We have just been in US since a year now and I am on L2 EAD working....

The visa officer asked

what do you do?

He answered : Trade in stocks and did not mention anything about the factory....they did not ask for any documents

When did your daughter last visit India?

Response: A month back.....

Then the visa officer said then what is the hurry to visit her now?

My sister : Where are you working ? Will you get a leave if you have to go?

Response: I do not have any leaves now but whn we plan to tour I will apply for a leave.....

I did not send any form I134 for me sponsoring their trip....Is it better to reapply six months later?.......

Is it better if they go in for self sponsorship?

8. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Ouch, that sounds painful. I'm really sorry to hear that.

Right now, I'm in the process of sponsoring a relative for a visitor visa. I'm confused as anything because even though US government websites do not mention anything about sponsoring Visitor Visas, I keep hearing that it is better to

1. Fill out Affidavit of Support, Form I-134
    2. Include Supporting Documentation, i.e. Employment Verification, Letter from Bank stating your current balance.
    3. Letter to US Consulate asking them to grant your relative a visitor visa
    4. Letter inviting your relative to visit you and rest of family in USA.

I also keep hearing that these documents should be sent to the relative who you want to sponsor. Then, the relative has to fill out some form DS-160, schedule appointment with US Embassy, and take ALL PAPERWORK to the interview. That way if they ask for something, you have it. Give them only what they ask for.

I'm still at my wits ends about this entire process. I would like my relative to have an easy time with the process.

I even created a separate thread in this forum, hence I didn't re-hash all the details here.

Lets all help each other ;-)

9. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

One of my friends' husband is in hospital for his kidney transplantation....surgery got over last week successfull. My friend is alone in the hospital and she need someone who can help her. she wants to call her elder sister fromIndia. My friend's husband is an US citizen and she is in GC (done with her citizenship interview and waiting for her US passport). Can anyone please help me with the proedure to get visa for her sister? Her sister's family is back in India...she has 2 kids studying 10th and 12th std in India. Its only her sister who is going to travel from india. And as my friend's husband is not in a condition to sign any paper or spponsor, her sister brings 3000 $4000. And i want to know, what her sister has to say in the visa interview, if she been asked for her purpose of visit.

Its very urgent now and i would greatly appreciate if I can get any quick response for this.

Thanks you very much for understanding

10. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Subha,

Still it has to be considered as sightseeing...whether pregnancy or sick the inner matter is same for them...that we are replacing nurse job....so whatever may be the reason...just maintain same slogan"Sight seeing and enjoy Fall season" that it..

Hope you friend gets moral support soon.