1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you wear your wedding rings?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by whatisaguytodo, Oct 31, 2012.

1. whatisaguytodo

whatisaguytodo Gold IL'ite

Do you wear your wedding rings? After the wedding I'm just going to give it to her to keep with her jewellery. If she wants to do the same I have no problem with that. Do you wear yours?

2. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

I did and I feel its good to wear it. Make sure its not diamond/stone studded or funky looking (gay spouse wears diamond ring like women). Just plain ring.

2 people like this.
  3. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

we dont have wedding rings at all :hide:

hgulla: is it so ? lol one of my frends is getting a diamond ring and is very excited bt that .....thanks. I will NOT tell him bt this :biggrin2: will be fun

6 people like this.
  4. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Guess your question is directed to men..but I cant resist answering this one!
    Yes I do! I wore my wedding ring on the right as it is a traditional one coz didnt want either one to spoil other's beauty. Everyone kept asking me "oh are you engaged?''.So now I wear both on the left and I get to hear, " That's a gorgeous wedding ring (so different)" and "your engagement one sparkles so bright!"
    Makes me want to wear it all the more.(not because of the compliments but because of its importance).
    I also get lotssss of compliments for my non-traditional mangalsutra. Americans do get intrigued by Indian stuff!

1 person likes this.
  5. celia17

celia17 Silver IL'ite

Yes, i do and my husband also wears always. ours is a simple gold band, no diamonds or platinum.

6. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

I wear a diamond, and I always wear it. My husband wears a simple white gold band. He hates any kind of jewelry, but he always prefers to wear his wedding ring and we both wear it on the left.

7. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

We wear it too :) Mine is diamond, DH's is gold with some design. We have never removed it. DH also used to wear the gold chain my parents gave him. Wore it for more than a year. I only made him get it off because of the news about chain snatching incidents.

8. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

I guess your question is directed to men. My DH was quite particular about wearing his in the initial years, I wasn't. Later he gave up too. The wedding ring basically has no significance in Hindu marriage.

1 person likes this.
  9. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

No ring concept in our family! Only women wear, mangalsutra/tali. as Monita said, its not a tradition in hindus.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

good question.... but i dont wear it neither does my hus...:hide::hide: we both do have it though.... relatives keep wondering if we both are fighting :bonk but the fact is we both dont like wearing jewelery:)...