Do You Think Movie Industry Exploits Women?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Apr 29, 2023.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I was watching a movie where the lady was dressed in a very short skirt and blouse for a dance and in an interview she had mentioned how tough it was for her to wear those clothes and act in front of the crowd..

I just thought there are scenes in harsh winters where the hero will be fully covered up and the heroine in a flimsy saree..

Rain songs in white saree( actress shobana mentioned how tough it was to act that way and they didn’t even mention that to her until last minute)

Even that besharam song with deepika dance

Chammak challo background dancers in the teeniest outfits..

Samantha song o solriya or o antaava

Those days there were special dancers who dress seductive but these days heroines themselves do this..

Also the male actors especially actors old enough to be their grandfather is touching the heroine and other gestures..

Somewhere this does not feel right..

Maximum the male actors flex their muscles without a shirt and it’s not like women are swooning .I don’t think most women cares..

Also..for eg: Why can’t there be a DHOOM 4 with a woman as the main villain? Why should it always be men?

I mean there are heroine centric movies but not as much as men.

Few heroines like kangana,Nayantara and Alia bhatt are doing well but still not in par with movies or money made actors get.

It will be interesting to see the roles reversed..

Just a weekend thread..

Have a happy weekend ladies:)

svpriya and Thyagarajan like this.

2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Movie industry exploits women to the core. Most women had to adjust to get roles unless they are Nepo kids.
    Today's lady superstar Nayantara too got roles like this only. Kushbu too.
    No value for talent?
    How many songs have we seen in indian movies where the hero is wearing jacket/shoes and heroiene a thin saree.
    Even shruthi hassan talked about this recently.
    It's a male dominated industry

svpriya, Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Exactly!

this should change..

Also it’s unimaginable the level of discomfort and mental agony the women have to deal dancing in front of so many men or
    Touching older actors and the casting couch..sad

svpriya and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

It's worse. Some producers/directors take videos of these and the woman is blackmailed into pleasing others too.

Even politicians, their sons have forced heroienes . Since they have power , these poor ladies have to oblige.
    That's the reason why many get into drugs and drinking to erase these memories

svpriya, Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Really sad..

I have always been in awe of Trisha Krishnan though..She didn’t come from a movie background and a complete outsider but she is dealing everything so gracefully with ease and relaxation and always a smile on her face.

Nayantara has lost all her charm and looks stressed.Trisha has maintained herself well and looks cool and calm.

Wonder how she is mentally so strong!

svpriya, Thyagarajan and chanchitra like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

7. Thyagarajan

From genesis the industry the world over abound with stories of actresses and extras are always under pressure and rarely they escape from the eyes of vulture producers as nd financiers of films. Indunesan editor was murdered by a coterie of a great hero then in 1950s. Just because he published evidencing the secret things happening behind. Actresses willy-nilly begin with yielding to pressures to get chance in films in the beginning but once established they dictate terms to industry stalwarts. In few cases reverse could be true. You know what I mean.

svpriya and anika987 like this.
  8. SaumyaV

SaumyaV Senior IL'ite

I have heard so it's true. Women are exploited and mistreated in various ways. Often in shoots they arenot given proper safe places to change their clothes as well.

svpriya, anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

In a tamil tv channel interview actress turned politician "idli" Kushboo said in mixed tamil English how difficult and harsh it was to get into a cold pond near a mountain landscape at around dawn for a bathing scene shoot in front of camera crew and others. Life is hard for ever to these show business people women in particular.

10. SaumyaV

SaumyaV Senior IL'ite

Oh I know so many horror stories.