1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Shower Before, After Visit To Doctor, Labwork?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Rihana, Aug 26, 2022.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I always shower, just body-bath, in the morning and evening if I am not too sick. Unless I sweat a lot in-between, I do not take a special shower for the doctor visits. But I always take a full body bath (including hair) after the doctor visit regardless of the body touching the x-ray table/paper or not.

For me, hospital acquired infections are a major concern, and not all the hospitals maintain standard hygienic practices across the world. So, a bath is must unless your body can't take one.

After being discharged from the hospital following all 3 surgeries (2 c-sections and 1 hysterectomy), I was asked to take head bath as the first thing upon reaching home. I was in pain, and too sick to do that. But thanks to my maids - who made my post-op shower enjoyable.

For sickness like fever, I just do not share the bed with others, and later wash the bed cover/pillow etc... whenever I take bath