1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you remember the special days and give Gifts/greetings to your MIL and Vice versa

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Triza, May 3, 2009.

1. Triza

Triza New IL'ite

Do you remember your MILs b'days and wedding anniversary dates or some important days and give them gifts or atleast greet them . And of course how often u get gifts/greetings from them.

I call my MIL and greet her on special occassions. If she is with us on these special days (because we live in another country), definitely I give her gifts also like saree, other curios as she is very fond of those.

She also remembers my b'day, usually she will be the first one to call me and greet me even before my parents, and buy presents and sends to me when somebody comes to us later. Really I'm touched by these gestures.

Triza

2. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

Re: Do you remember the special days and give Gifts/greetings to your MIL and Vice ve

HI
    you seems to be very lucky. its a blessing to get a good mother in law.
    even i used to gift her some thing on her birthday and whenever i visit india i buy her saree. other occation we used to wish each other.
    ani

3. platinumsweet

platinumsweet Gold IL'ite

Re: Do you remember the special days and give Gifts/greetings to your MIL and Vice ve

hey one more thing keep thanking god for giving you sucha wonderful in laws.. its really a blessing.
    tnx ani

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear,
    such a nice thought. both you and your MIL have affection for each other. in the same way, I will be the first person to wish both my DILS in important occasions and get them some gifts. they also do the same thing.So lucky to have an understanding DILS.
    WITH LOVE
    PAD

5. vandannav

vandannav Senior IL'ite

Hi,

My MIL does wish me only once in while not every time, nor does she gives any gifts,but she expects a lot in return(well thats her),I wish her on birthdays or other occasions regularly,i sent a saree,then when she was here for the first time I made sure she got enough money to buy the 7 stone diamond studs from my dh,the second time when she was here,for her birthday,we brought(it was my idea) her a gold set of almost 100grms.

The bottom line ,this is the way iam and thats the way she is.

For all the ladies you who have good relationship with MIL and vice versa,God bless them.atleast i will try to change the trend with my DIL.a good MIL-DIL relationship, i want it to become a family thing.I will change the trend of this family for sure.

Vandannav

6. swaram

swaram Senior IL'ite

I used to wish my IL's for their birthday/ wedding anniv and also give them presents. But they have never wished me on my B' day or our wedding anniversary or given me gifts. But they remember everybody's b'day etc and wish all their other kids including other DIL and also the grandkids. After seeing this behavior of theirs continue with my kids b'day too i stopped wishing them. i gave them chance to wish my kids for almost 8 years and seeing them not wishing my kids deliberately i stopped wishing them.

Swaram

7. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

I do remember my MIL's birthdays and wish her and gift her a saree.She does remember my b'day and wedding anniversary and wishes me..

8. Mridula

Mridula New IL'ite

Good thread! Me and my husband wish our both parents on all occasions (b'day, festivals, wed anniversary...). And they too wish us the same way. I talk to my inlaws every week without fail. Im very lucky to have great inlaws who treat me like their daughter and they are like my parents too.

We gift each other and always more gifts from them :). Best gift from my inlaws is that they have accepted me as their daughter and my gift for them is i take care of them as my parents!!!!

Mridula

Last edited: May 6, 2009