Do you or your kids take.......Poll for 4th March 2007 to 10th March 2007

Discussion in 'Weekly Quick Polls' started by Laxmi, Mar 4, 2007.

Do you or your kids take vitamin supplements regularly?

1. yes - I take vitamin supplements

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. yes - my kids take vitamin supplements

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. yes - we all take vitamin supplements

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. no - we don't take vitamin supplements

15 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello friends

The market here in india is flooded with Amway products and its Nutrilite and multi vitamin tablets are a rage among young mothers.
    Many a question come into my mind when I think about such products:

Should we go in for such synthetic vitamin supplements neglecting natural abundant source of vitamins in fruits and vegetables?

With the growing level of pollution, one can never be sure of the actual vitamin content in the fruits so is it better to resort to such synthetic supplements?

Throw some light on this topic, do you believe in such vitamin supplements, are they really beneficial to our health...

Here is this week's poll topic awaiting your votes as well as your views.

2. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Being in US, let me share my views, ok..

For kids, some doc suggests to take vitamins and some are not. So, it is upto us parents. But, for us, yes, it is a must though we get plenty of vitamins in veggies/fruits as you have told. Particularly, for ladies, during delivery, we lose lots of vitamins, energy and to compensate that, it is a must to take both fresh fruits/veggies as well as supplements.

Rgds.

3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

It seems that we should not take any supplement without having any problem, But as Ami have said, with the pollution and other things, we are not sure of what we get from the food we eat. (I wish the calories are not got but the taste is got from our favourite food).
    As for me, I do not take any supplement, nor I give to my son. Only a good amount of veggies and fruits for us.