1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

do you have a singing head too?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sathya, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi satya,

This singing head keeps me stress free most of the time. it depends on what kutchery is played in the morning in which channel.

Today it was ethanai kodi inbam...and after that my daughter was humming jaan hai tu from heyy baby a melody..so have been shuttling between the two the whole day.

Some days it is real bad,if i can't identify a raga and get mixed up...

so i think it is healthy to have a singing head..:coffee

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Count me in too in this 'club', Sathya!

Sometimes when I get up some devotional songs pop up in my head and it will be so for sometime and once the TV starts, you know --only those songs pop up eventhough we know it doesn't have any meaning in it.

Don't think always I do get devotional songs, but sometimes film songs too!

sriniketan

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sathya,
    Iam one of them who acnnot stop humming to myself. Whether it is a bhajan or a film song keeps me stress free and helps to unwind. I love most of the Kannadasan songs and the melodies of today though none of them can keep my fancy for more than a couple of days.
    My eternal favourites :
    Inbathilum Thunbathilum
    Paramasivan Kazhuthil Irundhu
    Title song of Avan Oru Sarithiram
    Atti vaithil yaar oruvar
    All songs from Kaviya Thalaivi.

4. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

hi Sathya,
    Some days I wake up with a song in my mind... and the whole day I'd be humming it...

Kurai onrum illai is a gem... no? I heard a new song callled 'Vishamakkaran kannan, pollaada vishamakkaran Kannan...' it is very catchy! Sudha Raghunathan sang it in a concert here in sharjah... and the song got embedded into my head so much that I searched high and low for it and in the end was able to google it out of Youtube...

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

TM,

That is a composition of Oothukadu venkatasubbaiyer that has not been popularised much...but sudha has done justice to the song..it is a nice song..

6. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

hai sathya

count me also........ i dont have much interest in carnatic ....i go with cine ,bhajans and devotional songs only........i go with shanthi' words..........i willl feel stress free if i hum something or i her some songs.........My most favourite list is

Mazhai mazhai en edayathil vizhugindra mudhal mazhai
    ovoru pukalumey solgirathey.........
    alaipayuthey kanna en manam miga ........
    karpura nayagiey kanagavalli.......

.and i dont know whether u people will beleive me if i say.........once i used to hum lycrics of Lalitha Sahasranamam ( not the whole).inbetwen words...., suddenly........or i can hear the voice inside me that lyrics..........no partiuclar timing....but very frequenlty...... i will huum that at any situation or i\can hear the lyrics inside me.i was confused atthat stage and even i conuslted a person who is spiritual...and clered about that....

Nice topic.........thank u for sharing..... .

7. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Satya and fellow Ilites,
    Count me in too...I'm a singing head too..My favos being Hanuman chalisa,Kurai ondrum illai,entha thavam seithanai,Srichkara raja.
    Beleive me,one day i was very tired after work and had to clean utensils and stove top after the dinner.Just to pep up my energy, i started telling hanuman chalisa(time:8.45PM), and i dunt know how i complete washing all the utensils+stove top+washed kitchen towels...i did all this in no time and felt very energetic..
    All the time i keep shuttling between these songs and few others of MS,Sudha,Bombay Jayashree n sowmya.I dunt mind the time for singing these.
    The list is endless..I dunt sing the songs from recent movies as i dunt understand the verses at all:idontgetit:
    The recent ones that i humm about is sahana ..from sivaji-nice melody..

Very interesting thread and good to read all your choices of songs..

8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear all iltes,

Another singing head to join here. Iam always humming one or the other song or a shloka though I do not have a very good voice. I feel very relaxed that too when Iam doing lot of work, the singing head is very very active.

9. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello shanthi

thats nice to know you have singing heads in the family what with your daughter coming up with new tunes...you sure right sometimes you know the tune but not the song...for me ragas i know only a few so never mind...!! healthy? sometimes it goes in circles like a dog getting irritated with a bee

sathya

couldnt post a reply earlier due to some `wish away problems' from the site..ahaha

10. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello srini

good idea...what do we name the club...loony singers in the head eh?
    nice to know you sing too..!!

sathya