1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a pet peeve?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Sep 24, 2007.

1. raginiprakash

raginiprakash Senior IL'ite

Good topic Chitra!

I have quite a few pet peeves but these sure top the list.

1. I get peeved when people show absolute disrespect for other's valuables/property.

Let me tell u of one instance. We had a couple who visited us who kept the lights in the guest room & bath on throughout the day even in broad day light!! They kept their laptops & other things all over the living room & even on the sofa! I'm a stickler for cleanliness & strive hard singlehandedly to keep my house clean & orderly & this was really annoying. The lady in question also rummaged thru the draws in the bath & even used my pimple cream without even asking!!! Ridiculous!!

The next time they visited us, i had learnt my lessons & gave them an empty guest bath, but i don't know how to tell them politely abt putting off the lights.

2. People using us & then not even bothering to utter a 'thanks' as courtesy.

3. People giving uncalled for advice & of course! gossiping (& forming an opinion that u are high headed if u don't indulge in it) & the politics some people play at the workplace.

Ragini.