1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a pet peeve?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Lately I have been noticing small annoying things that set me off and thought I was the only who felt peeved. But talking to friends I am coming across the fact that almost everyone has a pet peeve. Recently when I was grocery shopping in a rush, you know rush in to grab a couple of things and hope to rush out soon, well it was later than sooner because someone with a full cart decided to enter the express lane with ONLY 10 and under items. Ofcourse I was annoyed. The other thing that I find annoying is people sending spams like forwarded messages that has been forwarded to maybe hundreds of people. And ofcourse when people talk very loudly on their cell phones in public places all about their personal history ! LOL. Maybe this one might be unque for me. I get really ticked off when parents send their children to the temple scantily clad showing more than hiding. I had to rebuke a girl of about 6-7 years of age who entered our temple wearing something like a bikini. OMG ! what are these parents thinking. Ofcourse the mother did not like me scolding her dd so I am now "mean". I think i can live with it. Maybe i should stop here because I feel like I could go on and on. Bear with me readers as this is my first attempt here where all the great IL hall of famers write. :tongue So do anyone of you have a pet peeve?

2. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Yes Chitra, I used to get annoyed at e-mails that are forwarded with a warning that if I do not forward the message to 10 others, then my head would rupture or that it would my last day on earth :mad: . These days I look at such mails as humourous one's.

I do not like people teasing others and laughing at them especially in a group. Another irritant is not sticking to time and making someone wait endlessly. Borrowing things and not bothering to return them also peeves me.

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear AC,
    I get peeved when I see people trying to put on airs and show something they are not. There are many examples like someone I know will, talk only in English when others are around and she thinks it is in vogue. Iam now unmindful of her presence and keep doing whatever I have to. She likes to keep saying that there in no child like hers when she is at his throat to do activities that is scared to do. imagine the mental torture!!!!!!!!!

Screaming at kids in front of strangers is something I cannot stand. You can silently reprimand them or signal them to behave instead of yelling when unknown folks are around . It can be embarassing for the poor kid!!!!!!!!

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I get peeved with loud mouths.
    I get very peeved when a person makes a dig on his friend or relative in public.
    I get madly peeved when people try to show off their valuables.
    I get insane when people try to impose their values and ideas on others.
    I GO BERSERK with gossips and back=stabbing.
    I make an attempt to disassociate with people who have these habits, i prefer to be alone rather have such company.

5. Anandchitra

Hello Ladies
    Just loved your replies. you lot sound like my kind of gals. Mals liked your berserk line. I am with you in better to be alone than in such company. An incident comes to mind.I have been walking with 2 friends for the past couple of months. they are "good friends" for approx. 16 or so years. THese 2 ladies come at different times to workout so depending on which time i go I can walk with one of them. From the moment we start walking they talk ill of the other and vice versa. I refrained from commenting but that does not stop. I could really use the company but I could not stand this badmouthing. And when they do see each other in person they act like good friends. :idontgetit: so now i go at a time when both are not there and do my exercise and when i see either one of them i can converse in comfort. can u beleive this?

6. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Chithra,
    Good topic!
    I also hate people who back stab. I always keep distance from them.

I also get irritated at people who calls only if they want to get any work done or get any information from us. I feel like not lifting the phone (looking at their phone number in called ID), but could not because of the brought-up.

Sindhu

7. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi AC,
    Really a very nice topic.
    I am very much concerned abt behaving in public and even sometimes I get irritated when my frds/even hubby talk excitedly in public. But on reminding them to talk in a little, they get peeved.
    Every odd thing makes me irritated, even small mess of a party......though I knew that, these things are common during a party but I have an attitude comparing myself with others and saying that, if I am good and organised at their place, so why they are behaving so odd at my place.
    I really can write endless things on this topic.......
    I get peeved when people call us when they need some favour from us.
    I get peeved when people boast without considering whom they are saying:bangcomp: .
    I get peeved when people change their stance like someday this and otherday that........
    Regards.

8. Anandchitra

Hi Sindhu and Meeta
    DId u notice that we ladies do have something in common even though we might be in a minority. No likes to be used and we all have come across atleast once when someone calls only to get something from us. I have not learnt to recognise this and to keep distance.
    Meeta I feel some of us women are very capable and can do so many things - dare I say- better then the rest so ofcourse we're annoyed.
    Really the list can go on and it does help us to vent here.:)

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Chitra,

I understand the dilemma you were in with those two friends.

In my office, all girls after signing in start gossiping, my child, my husband, my neighbour, that girl, this....... oooooohhhhh!!

I sit in my cabin and mostly I am with the males, at least they do not gossip with me, may be about me behind my back!! If I know, then I will throw them out of my list.

Life is too precious to spend with such idiots. :yes:

10. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chitra,
    You are very true abt the fact that most of us does not like to be used up by others.........but it never happened, you close the door for one and you will see another is entering into ur life.
    I really feel sick abt these people........they will only mail or call when they need favour from me or hubby and my GR8 hubby, a kind soul, never learnt to say no.........., he will definitely do that.......
    I think why we are like this and they are different........my parents and hubby will pacify me saying that its nature and no two person can be same.......do you think this is the answer............I feel like saying them directly that this nature of yours made me mad.......but never done that.........
    Anyways, Chitra, good wishes to you to keep distance from those characters......