1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

do you guys exchange passwords????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rmakkar, Mar 28, 2012.

1. meenaanilkumar

meenaanilkumar Senior IL'ite

I feel no need to take PW of others...b'coz..it creates unneccessary problem..only..
    some normal msg may hurt us..why to get that..hurt..

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

Its really not necessary to know each others passwords to Trust.. but if we know then there is no harm and there is no lack of privacy. I feel all couples know each others friends and everyone in the circle, so there is no need of private space. I believe if any of the spouse such type of personal space then something messy is going on. IF TRUST is there then what is the need of this personal space when married couples life is not so personal between them.. couple is WE not I..

2 people like this.
  3. kadalpura

kadalpura Silver IL'ite

I think it's ok wether we know them or not. I have been married for more than a year now and I don't know his and he doesn't know mine. There were occasions where I have shared my bank account PIN and he gave me his bank account pwd. But email, I don't think it is necessary to know. Though it is a We relationship, it's still two different individuals and they should have their own space. A person should know everything about his/her spouse, but only things that matters to them and their life. Some of our friends may exchange their personal matters with us, and I don't think we will discuss with our spouse. Does this mean we are hiding from them? NO. It's not relevant to them. that's all.

2 people like this.
  4. jmsd

jmsd Silver IL'ite

This probably is the best answer.
    Though I know my husband's password because sometimes I need to mail for him,but we never check each other's mails unless asked to do so.
    Privacy and space are important issues.
    Apart from being husbands,husbands are individuals too!
    Regarding trust and blah blah I do not think that not sharing passwords is such a breach of trust that one should feel hurt about it.
    On the contrary forcing one's husband to share passwords is encroachment on his/her privacy.That should not be forced unless he himself is willing to do so.

Also both the genders differ in behavior.While women willingly share all their private stuff,men are usually the hesitant ones.
    Not exchanging such information does not mean that something is wrong.

3 people like this.
  5. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

No, we don't. Actually, I don't really care. I agree that, if someone wants to hide, there are many ways to do it.
    I have better things to do! than snooping around.

2 people like this.
  6. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

She knows all of my passwords(its a password manager software that I use), I dont hide it from her, I say.. this is what I am.. if you like it, its great, if not.. I am gonna be bachelor again(back to fresh in the market) ;-) so, she stopped using the liberty to peek into my accounts . Easy right? :p
    I never need her accounts etc, I really dont care..

7. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Yeah i too know all his mails,Facebook passwords and he knows mine.

I don't feel any fault in this

8. shyamalajh

shyamalajh Gold IL'ite

Yes, we both know each other's passwords. It has nothing to do with trust, just a matter of convenience. My hubby is in banking, so not allowed to access personal emails. I do for him. Sometimes he needs info that is in my emails and I am busy. It is just convenient. Also I have bad habit of using same password for everything. So, actually even my kids know it. No big deal.

9. shyamalajh

shyamalajh Gold IL'ite

I don't think people who know spouse's password snoop around. I am sure they would know more effective and subtle or secretive ways of doing it, if they intend to do so. That point sounds very irrelevant.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  10. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Sree. password management software. please share that with me ...no not the pasword LOL. the software. how to manage. Its very very difficult for me to manage passwords - my frends (before marriage ofcourse) kept a track of what my passwords are...now cant. so i have to manage on my own. so I use different state names followed by numbers in order so i can easily remmeebr but hard to forget what gopes to what and get my accoutn locked and go through dreadful cust service call waiting (esp for bank).and such. see the difficulty.if you could pass me that info - it would greatly help - me and others too who are my keepers. :)

letme steer the thread back to OPs topic - wife would never check .......she acts all amreekan and says..."no thats your private space.....i shouldnt be looking at them" :roll::roll:....but she gives her paswords to me and if i forget her password - world war 3 would begin LOL

Diff people, Diff opinions - OP.....it cannot be related to the love they have for us. They love you, whatever opinion they hold about sharing passwords or anything else.

Sree - in the meantime i will ask google unkil about password management s/w . dint strike me that such thing could eggjissshht. :thumbsup

2 people like this.