1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do u discuss everything with ur husband?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by dsrini, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Pragna

Pragna New IL'ite

Hi, this topic made me stop yes i dont discuss everything with my hubby i feel scared might be he will not agree with me or there may be some clashes on the issue i dont want any fight with him as i love him a lot . Pragna[​IMG]

2. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Yes, I do.:queen

3. Maneesha

Maneesha New IL'ite

Hi,

Me too discuss everything with my husband. He is my best friend and first person to know anything..and yes we have been married for 5 and half years. It was a love marraige and we still share the same kind bond..touch wood..:)

4. seemaa

seemaa Senior IL'ite

Divya was really glad to know what you had to write ...i have a question ....how old is your marriage as of now ? coz a lot depends on that factor ...folks who read this do u all agree ?????????/

5. seemaa

seemaa Senior IL'ite

kavya....hey dont be disturbed to such an extent ....everyone goes through these blues and the ones who say they never did are lying...i dont mean our friends who have written that they are having a wonerful sharing with their spouses are lyng but uv got to understand that they have just started their married life ..the problems start when ur around 35 - 4o...u go through lots of crunches and that is when u start taking each other for granted and start destressing your self by blaming each other...in ur initial years of marriage u feel there is no one except ur hubby u can trust and that is when u tell all out just it to be boomaranged back at you later in marriage .it happens ...the only safe bet is that you got to be independent financially .what i mean is that you MUST have a bank account which is yours and if possible do not voice it to anyone ..its your futurte ...my friend future is very unpredictable you dont know whats in store ....you must have some backing .you must work or what ever that keeps you active .you tend to feel depressed when you feel there is no tomorrow without your partner...i understand there is love ,caring and everything but in todays world you got to be practicul as well.

6. huzaima_shazia

huzaima_shazia New IL'ite

hello ladies

i read all the posts under this topic and some of it jus brought smile to my face..

m not married but engaged.. wud be getting married in april this year.. its a love marriage.. i m in love with him since the age of 15 and now its been 8 years. though we are not married, we share everything with each other..i mean everything.. there is nothing in our lives that we havent told each other.. he is my closest friend. i think how much we communicate with our partner entirely depends on the degree of love and mutual trust..

shazia

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends..
    I have been married for 2 years, and has a 5 month old kid. Yes, we do discuss everything. Yes, I do have his password and he has mine. Yes, I know his finances, his bank accounts and passwords. Yes, he knows my past "crushes" :) Yes, we have a very open communication.
    As many of you has pointed out, the birth of the child has taken a little effect on our relationship. With my in laws and my parents coming to see the baby, we could not have as "intimate and up-close moments", as we had prior to chinnu's birth. I guess, it is a natural thing to happen.

8. rjhari

rjhari New IL'ite

I used to share every bit of info until I was pregnant. After my MIL came over here, things changed a bit. I was upset with MIL's behavior and penalized my dh for that. After she left,now we are back on our communication track.

9. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

Yes i will discuss each and every thing with my husband. We have 7months old son and we are married for 1.5years. He never hide me anything. Even if it is a small matter he will call me from the office and inform me. I will discuss even my house matters with him. He used to discuss his house matters with me. Not only the issues and things but also the works we will share. As i have this kid sometimes i will get tired of seeing all the mess. After coming from office he use to help me in each and every thing even in kitchen. I too have all his passwords. Even i use to govern the finance. I didnt feel any difference after the child birth. Yes of course i 2 sometimes think of it whether there develoop a gap but the true answer is no. As i am getting bored of seeing the child because of over frustration with out any person around and helplessness i used to feel the same. Even i used to think like no one is there for me no one cares for me and all the stuffs. I will be expecting his arrival but when i see his face i use to shout at him without any reason. Then in the morning i will feel for it. It becomes like a routine now. But we both of us share everything in that quarrel itself. Not only me but my friend allso feel the same. I think this work frustrations create a gap between the couple.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dhivya, thanks for starting this thread.
    This thread really got me thinking. We are into the tenth yr of our marriage and we discuss everything with each other now. I kept trying to think when we started discussing anything and everything and I still can't remember. I'm a very private person and I still can't believe I could have bared it all, but I have with DH. He is my best friend and doesn't hold anything I say against me later, so that's probably how it all started...