1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do I get both my kids if i divorce?

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by veni30, Jun 30, 2010.

1. veni30

veni30 New IL'ite

Hello,

If some one has answer to my question, please let me know. I'm thinking of filing for divorce. My only concern is "Do I get Both My kids?" I saw in many websites that If kids are below 5yrs, mother gets. above 5 yrs, father gets boys and mother gets girls. Is this true? is there anyway, i get my son also?

I have one boy(6) and a girl(3). Please someone help me.

2. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

I have never heard anything like you are describing. Please consult a family law attorney who can guide you on custody issues. But either way, I hope you and your X cooperate with each other so your kids won't miss out on having a 'mom' and 'dad' in their lives. Good luck.

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Veni

If I may ask why are you persistent on getting full custody of both the kids? and why not opting for shared custody? The arrangement you are talking aobut is heard in India, but as far as I know, I dont think custody has anything to do with the age. Unless your kid is below 1 year, court might not grant full custody to a single parent without proper reasons.

Are you sure your husband wont put up a battle in court for custody of kids?could you please explain your situation a bit more?