1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

do good you will be showered with the best in return

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Priyathama, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Priyathama

Priyathama Gold IL'ite

Long before , when i was a college student, me and one of my friend used to go to college by walk on the way we used to see many people , houses etc, We used to see a grandma with a hunch back her DIL always abused her , the poor thing would sit in front of the house( we could hear it from the road itself because the house was too near to the road). after few days we didn't hear any voices from the house because the grandma started visiting the temple which was on the other side of the road. After few days we saw her standing outside the temple. ( we had never talked to her ) and we decided to go and talk to her. when we went near her to our dismay we found out that she could not see much so we held her hands and asked her " grandma why are standing here ?' she cried and hugged both of us and said that nobody had been kind to her. we too felt sad. She wanted to cross the road and we helped her . after she reached in front of her house she kept her hand on our heads and blessed us saying that " children you will get very good husbands who will understand you and will be loyal to you",,, really my DH is gem of a person he discuss each and everything with me before taking any decisions also if i think of something it will right in front of me in the evening. He can read my mind .i am always grateful that grandma:bowdown

5 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Priyathama
    It is really sad to read about this grandma, there are so many old people suffering. They just need a few good words spoken to them, but we humans are not able to do that.
    Nice to see you helping that grandma and her blessings did come true.

1 person likes this.
  3. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

itz good on your part to help the needy..!god bless
    i to helped the same way when i was in my school..but he forgot blessing me :(

2 people like this.
  4. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Yes very true.. Many small things/help we do, gets us a blessing, and sometimes it comes true...

I work for an MNC , there is a Lady security, i used to give her a smile everyday, while i swipe my card. After few months i noticed she was pregnant, (Spoke to her for first time) i asked her when is she planning to go on leave
    and will they get maternity benefits too.. She told "No madam we wont get leaves and all, Actually i have commitments, wish i could work till last day of delivery and come back to work in 15days" I was moved by her financial commitment and asked her, why don't she check with her employer about 3 months paid leave. I also gave her a print out which says Indian law about paid maternity leave...

After a week, she told she was able to get 3 months paid leave, she was all happy and thanked me so many times almost everyday she used to say she is very thankful.. Now i don't see her, guess she is on maternity leave..

I feel so good that i could help her..

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    3 people like this.
  5. feelbetter

feelbetter Junior IL'ite

oh so touched...

1 person likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Priyathama,

Lesson out of the experience you shared is, if we help someone who is really in need, the Grace will be showered on us. The Lord is watching everyone of our action whether it is in front of others or when we are alone. He is always with us inside of us as well as outside of us. When we are overwhelmed with thoughts of welfare of the fellow beings, we feel our inner Self.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  7. Priyathama

Priyathama Gold IL'ite

All of you are so kindhearted that by reading such an article you are overwhelmed, Human race alone has the ability to understand the situation and act accordingly. But nowadays nobody are bothered , all of us are in a race to increase our bank balance, to find a place in society , to find happiness by assaulting others etc. the list is endless. A single little deed of kindness can bring lifelong happiness. Please do share your experiences. When i read such experiences my soul becomes more and more pure i feel as if my sins too are washed away.

8. Priyathama

Priyathama Gold IL'ite

Very true, dear friend

9. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

So heart touching. Its really good that you are blessed.

1 person likes this.
  10. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Very happy that you helped grandma.
    God bless u...

1 person likes this.