1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do children of today Play??

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aquamarine, Mar 7, 2008.

1. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Dear Anitha,

Thanks for agreeing with me dear. I find it sad that kids today give more importance to sitting in front of the system or tv rather than going out and playing due to their parents....it is time parents woke up and accept their child for what they are instead of turning them into a well behaved and exceptional robots.....then these same children when they remember their own childhood will not have anything nice to remember only that they were put to work on being super beings....sad...

Warm wishes,

Aqua.

2. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Dear Aishu,

Thanks for your input dear. Do you know that if a child played any physical game for an hour everyday...he has a fresh mind to study and can perform better. So many parents miss that out....

Warm wishes,

Aqua.

3. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

The parents need to learn to let go...When children dont get to be children what do they become but mini adults as it is life doesnt allow anyone to have a bed of roses they are going to have crash course on reality very soon as soon as they reach 18 and above but childhood should be a treasured memory, shouting, screaming, becoming really noisy....playing and having small spats with next road gang of children. wonder when parents will learn...and wonder ful to know that you little one wants to play, it is a rare gift you have given your little boy...wish others were like you.

warm wishes,

Aqua.

4. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Hi,

India is but soon following the western culture in most aspects...here parents want their children to be seen not heard now a days sad state of affair what to do....we ensured everybody knew that holidays were there....and had great fun making everybodies afternoon sleep a misery by making so much of noise...but today even though exams are done with i hear silence all around.....

warm wishes,

Aqua.

5. padija

padija Senior IL'ite

i totally agree with aquamarine, this is the exact situation in india, even my nieces and nephews are like that, they choose watching tv or playing videogame rather playing outside with other kids. this is what scaring me as we plan to go back to india.

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aquamarine
    Interesting topic for todays world and age. I can only agree to certain extent. My kid plays a lot both indoors and outdoors but times have changed a lot too. Today we cannot trust everyone and have to be more cautious. Also the video games and other indoor games have also advanced so much that its of greater interest. We also have to spend more time and at my house we all play together. keep writing..

7. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

An apt topic where today's kids are concerned.

In our society, we are promoting more of outdoor activities for kids...so normally in the evening between 5-7 we see lots of kids with moms or ayahs playing in the ground. No much of soil so they can't play all the games. But atleast they are outdoors in the fresh air.

Roopa.

8. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Dear Girija,

Thanks for your insight. This is becoming common sight everywhere. The place I came from once had so many play grounds now no huge space in sight, It is all filled up with buildings and clubs....

Warm wishes

Aqua.

9. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

Thanks for your FB. It is indeed nice to know that you are taking such active interest in your childrens activities. But not all parents are that way, most would insist on them doing something where their supervision is limited cause here most parents work and sometimes the kids go to a empty home where supervision is practically nil.

warm wishes,

Aqua.

10. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

Hi Roopa,

Great to know your society is promoting this. Since I know of the Bangalore culture....there play grounds are nil and children go to so many classes that no time to play....

Warm wishes,

Aqua.