Diwali Dress Shopping

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by rajalakshmigopal, Sep 30, 2009.

1. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,

Have you completed diwali shopping?

What did you buy?Salwars/sarees/western fit?

Where did you buy?

Now coming to the point,Iam planning to buy a designer saree(Budget less than 3,000) and a salwar...Please suggest me nice places to shop in and around T Nagar.I will be shopping over this weekend.

Please pour in your suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

2. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

I was so excited to see the topic,because in my childhood days I would be eager to do diwali shopping and would be waiting for it when I see people having those large pothys,nalli bags in their hands during diwali season.

I have not yet done diwali shopping and I am in hyderabad but planning to go to a nalli nearby next week and am planning to take a silk saree(rs.4000-4500) and 1-2 crepe salwars(rs.1200-1500) for me.

As fas as I know Varsidhi in Tnagar stocks good quality and affordable designer sarees,,you can also try Swethas at Tnagar,havent been to this store personally but heard good raves form friends.Both stores have nice quality salwars.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  3. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Hi

I had done Diwali shopping.. I took a silk saree in Kanchipuram. I was a venn pattu color in base embossed curves in baby pink and full jari in gold... Pallu and border is dark marron (cost around 10,000). I was very happy to took the saree from the yard itself....

Also i purchased salwar materials in Tnagar < 500 to 1000 in Kalanjiyam in Ranganathan street.. I took the running material (lost of variety is there) from 3rd floor.. I didn't like the varties in other 2 floors... 3rd floor have very nice materials collection..

Salwars yet to stich

4. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

WOW!!! You tempt me like anything Brindha.:hide:

This is a very nice combination.Iam longing to get one like this!!!! Have you stitched the blouse??If not,Please stitch the blouse with simple/grand work with zari pattern..back button blouse will suit this saree..

JMO.

5. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

I stiched the blouse (about to get the delivery today).... Since the blouse is border color and gold zari is already there and i didnt do any work on it as it looks grand. Actually i thought of giving black button type button since i never wore it before dont want to take risk :)

hoping to try next time...

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Great Brinda..Me yet to start..Actually my mom got me a saree for diwali from Trichy-nalli ..Itz a silk cotton saree ..Pure coffe brown with somewhat light brown/mustard shaded border...Pattern is called Ruthraksha..A big sized polka dots are all over the saree...thought of wearing it but i am yet to find a proper tailor for blouse...So planning to get ready-made salwar ..Will get back once i am done with

Why not we post the pictures of our dresses in this thread itself??

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  7. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Hi Cindhuja

Ya u are correct sometimes we dont have time to go to shop also... Last time it happened for me..

I dont have the saree with me.. Since it is Thala deepavali for me, my mom took it to her place..

May be after Diwali i will post ..

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Have you tried Bobby and Milan jothi

I like them very much....They have selective pieces but most of them will be attractive

I prefer salwar materials in Bobby
    and
    Designer sarees and kid's salwar in Milan

9. subhaharan

subhaharan New IL'ite

Hi all
    this time it is thalai deepavali for us, but will celebrate in dubai only.. So missing chennai badly. But i took a sky blue silk saree, with green border frm RMKV chennai for 4999.. Planning to get one more saree in dubai too :)

10. brindaarun

brindaarun Silver IL'ite

Hi Cindhuja

oops i didnt heard this at all.. (Milan and bobby)

Where are they?