1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diwali Dhoom 2012 - Drawing Contest for IL'ites Kids!

Discussion in 'Kids Korner' started by Induslady, Nov 6, 2012.

1. acermel

acermel New IL'ite

hope im still a kid...ill surely join this contest! LOL

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Common IL'ites, what's happening?? Everyone seems to be appreciative of the contest idea, but why haven't you got your kids to draw and post their Diwali Greeting Card yet?

Ok, let me be the first one to post the card my kiddo did.

This was done by my 6yr old, who loves drawing, coloring and painting any time.

When I asked her whom she wants to send this card, she said to her Grandparents back in India. Since they are in India and would be missing her during Diwali, she thinks this card would put smiles on their face :)

Happy_Diwali.JPG

Get started now with posting the Diwali Greeting Card your kids made. Do not wait till the last date for posting.

We are eagerly waiting to see the IL'ite Kids in action with their art!!

12 people like this.
  3. Zaineb

Zaineb New IL'ite

Can a mobile pic of the card be posted?

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear zainab
    If the image is jpg, gif, png extention it will be easy for you to upload ...

5. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

Doing anything with my little girl makes me happy always...

My DD is 3 1/2 years old and studying LKG....As of now she knows to write Capital alphabets A-Z...Little bit of small letters..:thumbsup

So the greeting card story goes thus: When I tell about this contest to her,She was all excited..We got participation prize for Haloween contest, so do we need any other reason for her excitement..?:)

When I ask her to whom she wants to give the card, she has a big list of names including our neighbors,her firends :hide:..I asked her pick only one..So Madam selected the top most important person in her life, guess who...Her little kid brother who is 4 months old now...:cheers:cheers

This took 1 hr for us to finish the card...I want her 100% involvement in this..So I selected the concept which requires her maximum involvement.

Please Have a look at this card made by her..I give the details after attaching the fotos...

Pic 1: Front Page. She herself wrote the letters. After writing them, I explained her what it means. After hearing it, she started wishing me and her dad, "Happy Diwali"...:rotfl

Pic 2:Overview of 2nd,3rd page
    Pic 3: On Second Page , she made a small bouqet with little flowers(courtesy:ladys fingure,potato), for stars we used brinjal :thumbsup
    Pic 4:The wordings in the center sheet were written by me(if she would have written the, I need A4 sheet for making greeting card :rotfl), And the personal notes(Dear Thambi(means younger brother in tamil) , her name(short form of her name Samyuktha) were written by her.
    Pic 4:DH told usually greeting doesnt contain anything at the back.But the little girl wants to draw crackers and sweets in it as Diwali remains us crackers and sweets..So she drwe it and color it on her own..

Thats it friends..Hope you all like it....:coffee

Attached Files:

10 people like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Cute card by your daughter, her grandparents will be very happy to receive the card

Prana dear your daughter has made a lovely card for her thambi, all the best to her for the contest

1 person likes this.
  7. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Viji Mam, thanks a ton for this super quick response....thank you mam....And Happy Diwali to you and Sir...Hope sir feels better now...

8. pearlrc

pearlrc New IL'ite

is it applicable for people residing in dubai?

9. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

ILites kids residing anywhere across the world may participate in the contest.

The winner, if they are kids residing in India will get their prizes shipped to their mailing address in India.

If they are residing outside India (like US, Dubai, etc.), will still need to provide us with a shipping address in India and we will be happy to ship out there.

This is purely to keep the gift shipment logistics simple and to get IL'ites kids residing anywhere in the world to participate.

Attractive Goodies that will be given out as prizes from Craftsia - Shop ArtistColl has been updated here

10. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    My daughter is 6 years old and she is very passionate about drawing. She wants to draw all the time.
    I posted her drawings in some other threads also in the kids corner. This greetings she wants to send it to Grandma in India. Here is the drawing for your view. Her own idea and color selections.

Attached Files:

9 people like this.