1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Divorce due to inlaws?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by asuitablegirl, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abla

abla Gold IL'ite

ASG ...I think your husband is just being a jerk..not necessarily mentally ill : ) Not wanting to take responsibility at this age to be willingly wanting to support his family ,verbally abusing wife all the time to get a job and feed him ,not stopping his parents and sister from abusing you etc are defenitely poining towards that ...Until unless an M.D with Phsychiatry degree evaluate and diagnose him you simply cannot give him that benefit of doubt .

2. SHS

SHS Bronze IL'ite

3. gujulady

gujulady Bronze IL'ite

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

4. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Dear Reflection,

It is perfectly OK to tell our friends when they're trying to develop a certain mindset and every one's perspective is valuable here, that is exactly what enriches this forum, so I sincerely hope you (as in everyone) will take my note in the right spirit.

Exactly like you said, in the online world, there is more behind what seems like or appears on the surface, and at times, gaps appear between our reading or writing, and someone on the other end of the world doing the same. We all fervently believe in our world-views and there can be no absolute right or wrong at that. At times, certain opinions seem obnoxious, or irritating, or just plain wrong. Its important to step up and say so and voice our opinions, but its important to also remember that there's another person at the other end of the screen, probably going through a very difficult time and perhaps not exercising the best of judgement about stuff. We all do that in times of stress, don't we? Given that, its important to not take stuff on the forums personally, or not lose sight of the bigger problem in the midst of our exchanges.

That said, this forum belongs to you as much as it does to everyone of us, and there's no one right or wrong view, and least of all anyone else's place to tell you that one view is better or worse than the other. Every contribution and every thought on here is valuable, as long as its done with consideration and understanding. You said it all with your last few sentences in the "last piece of advice..."

5. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Thanks everyone. My interview is Wednesday, that is all I'm thinking of from now until then. Thanks again for your support.

6. sindura16

sindura16 Bronze IL'ite

Reflection, this forum is for everyone and we need people like u

7. Reflection123

Reflection123 New IL'ite

Dear Sindura, Stuti, Dhaanika and Gujulady
    Thanks for the re-assurance...I value your thoughts and appreciate that you value mine. This forum is different from any other forum I have been to, the women interacting behind the screens are so real, their agony so painful....so many of them have gone through a pain more severe than mine ....and in the pain of so many others-I see shadows of my own past.........

I wasn't offended by the disagreement with fellow members, but in that moment I had only failed to see the worth of my own contribution...thats why I thought it would be ok to step back...... However, thanks for validating my modest efforts.......and make whatever good or bad contribution I have made seem worthwhile....If ever my advise will ease out anyone's life....my own life would seem so much more meaningful

.....if in this process I disagree with some friends, I am sorry....the idea is only to ease out even one woman's life if possible--......if I could add even a bit of strength to just one woman's determination to fight her fate and get back her happiness, it would be a real achievement........Hope to continue interacting with you all on this forum.....Cheers to every woman who is fighting to get her happiness from her difficult life....! will continue posting....and will keep looking forward to your contribution too.....thanks...:)

8. gujulady

gujulady Bronze IL'ite

After reading your posts I was sad that we lost a valuable contributor here and I had no words to convey my message.
    But I'm glad you are back and we will look forward for your valuable contributions.

9. Reflection123

Reflection123 New IL'ite

I am very much here gujulady.....just had temporarily lost some confidence in my ability to offer some sound advice here..........thanks a lot for your words of encouragement...I too would look forward to further positive interactions with you.......

addressing ASG now....I welcome her thoughts on focusing on her interview.....since I cannot help advising her :).... just meditate for a while, sleep well the day before the interview.....dress to succeed....brush up your knowledge about the company where you are going for the interview....show some genuine interest in the position you are applying for.......greet people with a smile, and smile from your heart.....all the best :)

1 person likes this.
  10. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

ASG,

We pray for a happy ending. This has been so upsetting because if someone intelligent like you is having a bad marriage, what about a lot of other ladies? This inspired my latest blog post here (hope you like the graphics, I had to cheer myself and everyone up!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.