1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Disposing tendency

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kanaka Raghavan, Oct 31, 2010.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I fail to understand this disposing tendency,yeah regarding food.Many people have this and it sounds ugly as far as I am concerned.Give when it is made and when it is fresh.Just yesterday a friend of mine rang up at 2.30 in the afternoon and she said she wanted to come home.I said fine,do drop in.She came in 15 minutes with a huge bag.I thought she went shopping and saw her taking a huge plastic container from her.She said bring a big vessel,I asked for what.I made payasam for a POOJA and now that it is over,I find it is more,It is good and I thought I would give you and others.I was annoyed,and bought a small cup.She said why such a small one,you take a big vessel and fill it up .I did not want to talk rudely and firmly said we all finished lunch just now and no one is there to eat and I did not want food to go waste.She said Oh I came to the wrong house,I thought I could give more here.Immediately I replied You have many of our friends in our block ,you can give.She was happy that I gave her an idea.So she left immediately.The same almost happened last week,she could not give me vadas of Pooja as I had left for Dubai to meet people.She was upset about even yesterday.I f you really want someone to enjoy your food,you can always give it fresh .I f you think that you made this food which someone likes it is even more better.Food given by someone,food prepared for someone which goes waste is not nice to be passed over.What do you with such people?

2. padma777

padma777 Senior IL'ite

Dear Kanak
    u r right. Some people offer things to others (relatives and colleagues) that are not fresh, there is no colour and smell of the food stuff. Even some of them give stale food to their maid servant which they can not eat themselves. They think by giving stale foods with bad odour they are doing some charity to people! Which we cannot eat, others too.We should treat others in the same way we treat us.:bonk

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  3. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi kanaka

your post reminded me of one of my friend here. She will make lot of stuffs for some pooja, and off load to us sometime, even though we dont want.

More so to one of my other friend, since she stays nearby, and she too get very upset. she told this friend n number of times not to do that but she wont listen.:rant

Prasad should be given as prasad, and not as feast, and that too, since it is more and they want to offload to someone:bowdown

4. SLV

SLV Gold IL'ite

What a shame to have such a habit. Its high time this lady matures and takes a look at her unpleasant habit. She seems to be emotionally blackmailing calling it as 'Prasad'...Just not done.:thumbsdown

I don't see her realizing this on her own until somebody tells her directly-point blank on her face or she realizes somebody else using her as a dumping ground.
    I do understand how it feels to be at the receiving end, especially if one is obligated to such an individual. God help her mature early :bowdown

5. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,

You are right. Some people distribute just because they need to empty their vessels

6. shakambari

shakambari Platinum IL'ite

True Kanaka.

It is highly embarassing when someone tries to dump leftovers on you-Even if they are friends of relatives it is better to tell them firmly and give them the message that they need not treat us like garbage bins.

Casually mention that you are on a diet or your family is easily suspectible to gastroentitis etc.so you eat only freshly cooked foodstuff.

She will get the message.

Or try telling her to distribute the Prasadams to some poor and needy as it ensures more punyam!!!(that too if done when it is warm and fresh:))