Dishwashers

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by priyanka, Jan 8, 2008.

1. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Alivelu,

There is another thread in this forum where the dishwashers have been discussed. Here's the link: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-items/27409-i-want-buy-dishwasher-india.html

Here is my post from that thread:

==================================================================
    We are using IFB Neptune Model from 1.5 years. It saves a lot of time and gives a hygienic wash. Some points to be noted are:

1. If anything sticks to the vessel like rice/milk, it has to be scrubbed slightly before loading it in the dishwasher
    2. The consumables are not only detergent but rinse aid (give sparkle to dishes) and dishwasher salt (to regulate hardness of water)
    3. For a small family (2-3), once per day would be sufficient but for larger families, atleast twice perday.
    4. Electric bill goes up, though not by much, because it uses hot water to wash.
    5. Can be used for glass, crockery and good quality plastic vessels.
    6. Make sure that IFB supplies are available in your city. Many people have complained that IFB service is pathetic when it comes to delivering supplies (they home deliver it). Else you can go for other brands. They also work great.

Some have doubts regarding the investment ~25k and the running costs. I would say, if you are looking towards saving money paid to maids, then please dont go for it. I have seen some reviews in mouthshut.com where people purchased dishwasher to save money spent on maids and were disappointed. But if you are looking for an easy, reliable and hygienic way to clean your vessels. Then this is the one for you.

Many people asked me that if i have to scrub vessels, why use a dishwasher. My reply is, it requires very light scrubbing and still saves me the effort of rinsing and drying the vessels. Also if the maid doesnt turn up, my day is not ruined.. Thats the best incentive.. [​IMG]

====================================================================

-Lakshmi

2. kalar

kalar Junior IL'ite

Hi

Can any one tell where to or which is the best place to install a dishwasher. Will it have to be installed near a sink or anywhere in the house. Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Kala:bowdown

3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Kala, just like a washing machine...dishwasher also needs an inlet and outlet.

It is best to keep away from the main areas in the house.

4. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Dishwasher is very very useful even for we Indians. I have GE which is quite nice. I keep steel ones in the lower rack and glass ware in the upper rack - all inverted. Its really very handy

5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

ROOPA OR PUNE ILITES

Suddenly i too got interest in buying DW, since iam totally new toPUNE ( kharadi)i am not aware of the ELECTRONIC OUTLETS/ MALLS having all products at genuine price ( good discounts) and which brand got good service over here and service centre here

And, apart from IFB , any other brand is good and i heard that price is around 25k, is that depend on the weight or cleaning capacity??? like in WM we have 5kgs / 8kgs etc

Friends, pls help with whatever you know about DW, investing 25k so have to think for a while and discuss lot?? is it not?? am i wrong or right??/

THANKYOU LAKSHMI, for your detailed reply

6. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hey Lata, yes there are a couple of more companies who have introduced DW in India. I have IFB and it is really good.

You can check out at Dass electronics on nagar road, vijay sales near bus depot and chrome at ishanya mall.

I am back in town and let me know if you need any help. I am on nagar road and not very far from you abt 5-6 kms from reliance mart in kharadi.

Do you stay somewhere near reliance mart???

7. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Wow!!!! Roopa, i stay near EON , OMG, hw can i give my contact details here, hey i would love to meet you, if you can contact our PUNE MODERATOR GAYATHRI, pls do that, she got my contact details

Waiting to meet you

8. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

I don't have gayatri's contact details. By any chance if you are in touch with malspie then i can get your details from her.

Alternatively, we can either meet up at reliance mart kharadi or if you are coming to nagar road dass or somewhere then let me know we can meet up somewhere there or at gold adlabs kalyani nagar.

9. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai roopa

Presently iam unable to come anywhere since i have dislocation and mild fracture in my left leg little finger , so iam under treatment and bed rest , will meet you very soon

And, i dont have any contact with Mals, SORRY

Where are you working ???

and, tomorrow , i will be going for checkup to RAKSHAK NAGAR hospital in Nagar road , may be morning ( iam in thread Faces behind the names, pls check that once )

10. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hey Lata sorry to hear abt your feet.

Are you being treated under Dr. Vivek Gupta. Ask him if he has our nos. handy either mine or my husabnd samir's numbers.

He is very good at his profession and even i was under his treatment when i fractured my foot in nov. They are very good friends of ours.